Swype is amazing also how do gmail accounts work

xythil

Reaction score
Hey I added two accounts to my phone...which one is the main account? How do i sync my contacts rio the second gmail account? Want the second one I added to be my main

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The main account is the one you setup when you first activated the phone. Only way to change it is to do a factory reset. Syncing your contacts is just a matter of making sure the "Sync Contacts" button is checked under account settings.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
There had got to be a.way . I an rooted. How can get my contacts to sink to my other gmail account
Also how can I get gogglE talk to work on my other account

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There had got to be a.way . I an rooted. How can get my contacts to sink to my other gmail account

Yes, there is, and I provided it to you. Following the above instructions will fix your GTalk issue too.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score

Yes, there is, and I provided it to you. Following the above instructions will fix your GTalk issue too.

I really want to have to reformat and re root. Also how will i recover my current contacts singe they are now only obj the first email i used when registering

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really want to have to reformat and re root. Also how will i recover my current contacts singe they are now only obj the first email i used when registering

I assume by want, you mean dont want, and you dont have to re root anything, just do a factory reset.... It'll kick you back to the state you were in right after you flashed your current ROM.

You can backup your contacts to as many accounts as you want... You can also export them to your SD card by selecting Menu < Export.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
so how do i export my current contacts to my new gmail account? When I syned my phone it uplaoded all my phone contacts to the gmail i used initially

now i want to switch to a new gmail but keep all my contacts from my old gmail and my original phone that they transfered over

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
The main account is the one you setup when you first activated the phone. Only way to change it is to do a factory reset. Syncing your contacts is just a matter of making sure the "Sync Contacts" button is checked under account settings.

Where do I choose factory reset? From the Droid recovery menu?

Whatr all will I lose? Just my contacts?

My Apps?

What exactly...

thanks

Also I synced my contacts to my both gmail accounts but they are only showing up underr the first one

r1tony

Reaction score
Would never type again without my swype.. I love it.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Anyone on my contacts question? I dont want to do a factory reset and find out my OS is gone or i cant retreive my contacts as im at work