Swype help in Spanish (not swipe dictionary but help_

fishacura

Reaction score
I knwo about the OTA issue with resetting the swype dictionary to Spanish. I fixed that one. But now I have this other weird issue of swype help and the tutorial being in spanish. I've checked all the menus I can find and they are all set to English. Any thoughts on this one???

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I don't have this on my end. After the OTA I did until I cleared the app data in Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Swype (under the All tab), and force closed it.

Is that how you recovered from the initial problem?

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
I manually reset all the swype settings (in the language and keyboard settings) back to english (they had been turned to spanish), but never force closed the program.

I just force closed and restarted and the tutorial and help is still in espanol :)

There has to be a setting somewhere that I missed but not sure where.

Under Language & Keyboard Locale=English
Swype Settings Language=U.S. English
Multi-touch keyboard settings Input Language = English

What am I missing here UGH!

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I manually reset all the swype settings (in the language and keyboard settings) back to english (they had been turned to spanish), but never force closed the program.

I just force closed and restarted and the tutorial and help is still in espanol :)

There has to be a setting somewhere that I missed but not sure where.

Under Language & Keyboard Locale=English
Swype Settings Language=U.S. English
Multi-touch keyboard settings Input Language = English

What am I missing here UGH!

Clearing the app data perhaps?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
THAT DID IT. You are THE MAN!!!! Thanks!

You're welcome, but I probably don't deserve all of the credit for figuring this out. I managed to fix it myself accidentally but someone actually figured out that toggling between english/spanish a couple times is what does the trick.

Clearing the app data perhaps?

Yes, and maybe the toggle between english/spanish at least twice.

Last edited: