Swype for Droid 2

cyoder

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get swype for my droid 2? I have downloaded the beta version and installed it and when I try to use it, it force closes. I have also downloaded numerous other versions as well, and they all do the same thing? Is there no working versions for these phones, or am I just doing something wrong. Im running on Apex rom if that makes any difference.

Modred189

Reaction score
Swype comes pre loaded on the droid 2. Just go into settings in the keyboard section and enable it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
Mine did not come with it when I got the phone for some odd reason. I knew it was supposed to but it was not on there. I went to settings>language and keyboard> and all it has is input method and if i click that the only one it has is the multi touch keyboard.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
hmm that makes no since at all bc swype comes installed on every d2 unless you flashed a ROM bc a few of them take it away so did you flash anything?

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
Yea I am rooted and running on Apex version 1.3.1. I tried using it before I was even rooted and it was not in there either at least that I remember. How would I go about getting it on there if it is because the rom that I have flashed to? Will I have to go to a new rom?