Swype doesn't work in Android 2.1

eap369

Reaction score
help!!!!!

my swipe issue is that after changing the swipe input method it says SWYPE the trial period has ended, please upgrade your copy of swype. did i download the wrong package? does anyone have a link to an installer that might not be expired? ive unistalled it and reinstalled it already

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I am running the official beta test version and had an issue with the 2.1 update. Had to uninstall and have the link resent so I could reinstall. With 2.1 it was basically making it look like a different phone to Swype.

jkahle

Reaction score
how do you get swype? I looked it up in the market and cant find it. I have a eris droid

piiman

Reaction score
I'm lost with both swype and shapewriter. When I long press on an input field I do not get any option to change input methods. Nothing happens. Also while swype is installed I don't see it listed in programs. But if I go to manage apps it's there and I can uninstalled it. whats up with that?

piiman

Reaction score
I'm lost with both swype and shapewriter. When I long press on an input field I do not get any option to change input methods. Nothing happens. Also while swype is installed I don't see it listed in programs. But if I go to manage apps it's there and I can uninstalled it. whats up with that?

Never mind I reinstalled and some other setting magically appeared to set up swype. cool stuff!