Switching Roms

Rom manager has CWM.. gapps zig?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Gapps is a zip file that you flash after you flash a custom ROM its the market as all custom ROMs do not come with the market

I know it has a CWM I'm saying reboot into recovery and do your back ups and wipes and flashes manually, I don't trust using ROM manager to do it, as you just experienced

BAD ASS X

Well I just tried it manually.. its a no go. Maybe liberty just isn't working on my device

I have never backed up nor flashed a ROM through ROM manager, I never had any luck, I just prefer to do all wipes and flashes manually

BAD ASS X

I have never installed a ROM with it. Just use it to backup and restore.

So I tried doing Liberty 3 wiped data and all that good stuff.. got caught in a boot loop. So I restored Liquid.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

I don't believe you are going to get Liberty to work without an sbf to .340. Liquid is likely installed over .602 or .605.

I have never installed a ROM with it. Just use it to backup and restore.

I don't believe you are going to get Liberty to work without an sbf to .340. Liquid is likely installed over .602 or .605.

No there is in fact 2 new versions that work on .605

Liberty 3 v1.0 and liberty 3 v2.0

BAD ASS X

No there is in fact 2 new versions that work on .605

Liberty 3 v1.0 and liberty 3 v2.0

BAD ASS X

Well heck... I may just have to give that one a whirl. Last time I got that far I could have sworn it was .340 based. Been having wifi and other problems with so many ROMs I've tried I may just have to go .602 and a ROM for that.

Glad you pointed that out. I've been searching for one.

For OP... when I get bootlooped after a ROM install I do a factory reset, clear cache, and Dalvik then reboot. Hope that can help.

Okay ill try that out. And ya liberty 3 is. 605 based

Well heck... I may just have to give that one a whirl. Last time I got that far I could have sworn it was .340 based. Been having wifi and other problems with so many ROMs I've tried I may just have to go .602 and a ROM for that.

Glad you pointed that out. I've been searching for one.

For OP... when I get bootlooped after a ROM install I do a factory reset, clear cache, and Dalvik then reboot. Hope that can help.

Oh man there's lots of stuff for .605, actually the MIUI I'm running now has 4.0 ICS OS on ituch like the 2nd inits you are running now

BAD ASS X

Oh man there's lots of stuff for .605, actually the MIUI I'm running now has 4.0 ICS OS on ituch like the 2nd inits you are running now

BAD ASS X

I'm still trying a few out. Just finished working with a Steel Droid version that will be out soon. Very nice, smooth and extremely fast. Just tired of flashing my phone every few days, so I'm back on a saved version of Froyo that I've worked on for a while. No where near as nice as some of the custom ROMs, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to tweak. ;)

Back