SwiftKey Officially Released

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dear Alpha Testers,

Exciting news! We are about to launch SwiftKey Beta on the Android Market, and you are the first to know :)

Please UNINSTALL your current version of SwiftKey and head over to the Market to download the official Beta -- search for "swiftkey".

Also, have a look at our new website at SwiftKey Revolutionary text prediction for smartphones, by TouchType. We are in the process of upgrading our support framework and look forward to hearing from you soon.

It has been a pleasure working with you during the Alpha phase. We will keep you posted on developments here at TouchType through our newsletter and please do let your friends/colleagues know about SwiftKey!

Many thanks,

Ben

P.S. If you're a blogger/journalist and would like our press release it's available from our website.

--
Dr Ben Medlock
Founder, CTO
TouchType
SwiftKey Revolutionary text prediction for smartphones, by TouchType
TouchType home page
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

J*Bishop

Reaction score
nice. uninstalling beta and installing market version now.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just did both my Droid and my Wife's. It's great it's on the market now. Works great and my crashing on boot problem is gone.

Best keyboard out there - can't imagine anyone doing better.

FootballRef

Reaction score
I had got hooked on Swype. I am starting to like SwiftKey now. I still only see the beta version in the market.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Tried it, still like swype a lot better but this would be my third choice after slideit.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressive. The context sensitive word prediction is the best I've seen. Unfortunately, it, like Swype, lacks the voice to text feature of the stock and HTC-IME keyboard. Other than that, however, it looks like a keeper and a strong competitor to Swype.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Been using it for a few days. I have to say, I really don't like it at all. It rarely picks up the next word I'm about to say. Only reason I'm still using it is because I've been too lazy to change it back, haha. I might give it another shot down the road.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is who is going to be the first to Theme this Ugly Grey Monster?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can someone give me an opinion on which one is better between swiftkey and shapewriter? I still have shapewriter and only want to get rid of it if swiftkey is better. Since shapewriter is off the market and hard to find, i'd like to keep it unless I know some reviews or opinions of swiftkey.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me an opinion on which one is better between swiftkey and shapewriter? I still have shapewriter and only want to get rid of it if swiftkey is better.

You can have more than one keyboard installed, just install Swiftkey and form your own opinion