Swiftkey flow beta version - come get it!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello y'all... For those that signed up for beta.. I just got my email with beta version... Check your inboxes.. Haha

Let's keep our own thread if any issues you notice please post... Likes or dislikes...

Also give them feedback on their forum..

A simple Google search got me this result:

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I woke up to the same email. I guess it's for those of us who purchased Swiftkey 3 originally. I installed it and did a IM to my daughter. It does seem very much like Swype, but the keyboard seems to be a bit bigger than Swype, so that's a plus for me and my fat fingers.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I purchased Swiftkey 3 but the link in the OP has it for everyone to try beta...I like that you can adjust the height in the settings for portrait and landscape..I do like the real estate ..especially on the Note 2..

tc1

Reaction score
Got it, tried the "flow" feature.. Turned it off.

Swift key is an excellent keyboard.. I can type full sentences with just a few taps.

But I could never get the tracing thing down on any key board.

huskur

Reaction score
Got the email also and installed it on my GN2. Works like a charm and the "flow" is a nice feature. Very much like Swype. Though the Samsung keyboard has the trace ability so I will be comparing the 2. Next on the list for me is to see what kind of resources this keyboard is using. It may not be worth running if it being a "hog"

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
CJM most welcome bro... And let's keep our eyes on anything that might need some fixing... Share amongst the forum... Good stuff!

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting setting it up now ..

jseah

Reaction score
Here is what I have found that doesn't work. The "flow" doesn't work in the search window in Google Play, it doesn't work in the URL window in the stock browser, and it doesn't work in the Google home page search box in the stock browser (maybe it just doesn't work in the stock browser, period?). However, it does work in the Google search window/Google Now.

jseah

Reaction score
Got the email also and installed it on my GN2. Works like a charm and the "flow" is a nice feature. Very much like Swype. Though the Samsung keyboard has the trace ability so I will be comparing the 2. Next on the list for me is to see what kind of resources this keyboard is using. It may not be worth running if it being a "hog"

While the stock Samsung keyboard has the trace ability, the predictive text in SwiftKey is better. SwiftKey automatically replaces the word you are typing with the correct word, while the stock Samsung keyboard anticipates what word you want to type, but you have to actually click on the word to have it be used. While the Flow feature is nice, I doubt I will use it much. I can type the word out faster than tracing the word.

What I do love about the Samsung keyboard, though, is in the implementation on the Note II when you have the stylus out it automatically switches the keyboard to handwriting recognition, and the handwriting recognition works great. It even correctly interprets cursive text, and even if your handwriting is horrible.

eagle923

Reaction score
I keep getting an error that it can't be used until setup finishes, but when I try to do setup it will not download a language pack (on a strong WiFi, rebooted phone). Swiftkey 3 works fine atm.

Nevermind, for some reason it downloaded over 4G just fine. Odd, but oh well :)

tc1

Reaction score
My Gmail, face book, authentication (whatever it's called) fails every time.

jseah

Reaction score
My Gmail, face book, authentication (whatever it's called) fails every time.

I tried it in Gmail and the address field doesn't work, but the subject and email body fields do work with Flow. It also works in Google+.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good input guys... Thank you!They are also getting plenty of traffic so stuff like the language packs are failing or not going thru for some...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good input guys... Thank you!They are also getting plenty of traffic so stuff like the language packs are failing or not going thru for some...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

I bet it's a server issue due to the long awaited release
I'm going to miss the gesture copy/paste of swype and gesture delete of slideit but I'm liking it so far other than missing those.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post