Swift key x vs swype vs stock

chadh1

Reaction score
Using stock right now, I really like it. Going to try swype soon though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I was using the stock keyboard until someone here have me a link for Swype that I could install. Stock worked pretty darn well but Swype blows stock out of the water. Been thinking of checking out swift key to compare but haven't made that jump yet.

Really happy I got Swype though, it's a game changer for me. But I've been using Swype for a couple years now.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Wait, stock swype doesn't work on the Gnex. is there some kind of modded swype going around?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
Wait, stock swype doesn't work on the Gnex. is there some kind of modded swype going around?

Yes, using it now to type this message with Dragon dictation!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I am actually a pretty big fan of thumb keyboard recently. I haven't tried A.I. Type or swiftkey tablet on this phone yet. I have swype, swiftkey x, flext9, and slideit. Nothing seriously wrong with any of them just that I feel more comfortable with the split keyboard on thumbkeyboard. I also like the arrow keys and dedicated number keys.

But as with most things this is personal preference.

noamrotem

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I tried AI and I don't think it's close to as good as swiftkey. They have way too many choices at the top while swiftkey has three large ones and usually one of them is correct. I don't need AI asking me which 9 small ones are the best.

Also with use swiftkey learns what words you use most and guesses them very well. On my Bionic I was cruising on it before I moved to the Gnex. In a month I'll be going just as fast on the Gnex.

Hi SSHGuru,

Thank you for your feedback.

If we added a setting for the number of visible suggestions, would it make A.I.type easier for you to use?

The reason why we provide so many potential suggestions is that we predict your next word or complete your current word by using 3 layers of knowledge: we predict from words and text patterns we learned from you (your keyboard is learning your language and style from the moment you start typing), we use a local Predictionary - a very smart prediction database that is installed on your device, and - we complete the suggestion list with data coming from our cloud servers - if you allow it. Having said that, we can easily add configuration for maximum number of suggestions.

Thanks again,

Noam Rotem
A.I.type

What316

Reaction score
Swype for me. Followed by stock. I dont like swiftkey, I keep giving it a chance ever now and then, but always go back to Swype.

S281

Reaction score
i love swift key with the exception of it not putting up word prediction for certain web pages. Is that just an issue with it or a setting i'm missing?

lemodular

Reaction score
I have used a few since the OG droid and prefer SwiftKey. I used slideit before settling on swype, but found that although quick, it was a little inaccurate for my typing style. It was also cumbersome to correct my mistakes. I first switched to SwiftKey because the size of the buttons were more comfortable and thus made me a faster typist. The bonus is that it was a very good next-word prediction based on your typing style (which it learns). It also has a better number pad than most and even an arrow pad if enabled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using my thumb

Kurupt

Reaction score
I really like swift key but stock has the best use of voice control. It keeps voice on in almost a conversation setting as swift key you have to keep hitting the microphone button to speak a new phrase

Big Ry

Reaction score