Stuck on Bootloop

Sedariya11

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know one thing as i got stuck in bootloop and wanted to do sbf, so need to shut the phone completely in order to go to the bootloader to sbf... However when i press power button and volume - & + at the same time it does not get shut down...it just reboots again & again..what should i do? I mean how can i power off my razr when it gets stuck in bootloop.. Help would be really appreciated..thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

aarong03

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know one thing as i got stuck in bootloop and wanted to do sbf, so need to shut the phone completely in order to go to the bootloader to sbf... However when i press power button and volume - & + at the same time it does not get shut down...it just reboots again & again..what should i do? I mean how can i power off my razr when it gets stuck in bootloop.. Help would be really appreciated..thanks

You need to get into the boot mode menu, by pressing the buttons at once after powering off. Then once you get into that menu go into recovery, and select wipe cache and factory data reset. I believe that is the proper process. But I'm sure someone from the Rescue Squad will reply shortly. Good luck.

OP
Sedariya11

Sedariya11

Reaction score
I got stuck at boot animation and it just keeps restating itself...can't find any solution to power it off completely so that i can go to boot menu for sbf....how to power it off is my problem..

aarong03

Reaction score
I got stuck at boot animation and it just keeps restating itself...can't find any solution to power it off completely so that i can go to boot menu for sbf....how to power it off is my problem..

Ok, you need to press all the buttons before the boot process begins. It's tricky but it can be done. The same thing happened to me. And it took me several attemps and I finally got it. So before it starts to reboot try pressing all the buttons at once, and it should get you into the boot menu. The Rescue Squad might have a better method than this. Hopefully they'll respond.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Aarong03 is correct, you should be able to "catch" the boot process before it hits the point of no return. It's not too dissimilar to how when powering a PC, if you hit the F2, F8 or Delete key (depending on manufacturer) during the initial boot process, you can interrupt that process and get to the BIOS setup screen.

First, press and hold both the VOLUME DOWN and the POWER BUTTON. Once the screen goes black, wait exactly 1 second, then press and hold ALL THREE BUTTONS, and don't let go until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu (white letters on black background). Once in that menu, you need to make your selection in the next 10 seconds or so, otherwise it will reboot automatically.

Good luck!:biggrin:

OP
Sedariya11

Sedariya11

Reaction score
Game been trying with no help..but thanks buddy for ur help

aarong03

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Aarong03 is correct, you should be able to "catch" the boot process before it hits the point of no return. It's not too dissimilar to how when powering a PC, if you hit the F2, F8 or Delete key (depending on manufacturer) during the initial boot process, you can interrupt that process and get to the BIOS setup screen.

First, press and hold both the VOLUME DOWN and the POWER BUTTON. Once the screen goes black, wait exactly 1 second, then press and hold ALL THREE BUTTONS, and don't let go until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu (white letters on black background). Once in that menu, you need to make your selection in the next 10 seconds or so, otherwise it will reboot automatically.

Thanks for the extra help Foxkat! I knew one the masters would eventually respond!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Game been trying with no help..but thanks buddy for ur help

Perhaps it would be helpful if you describe what you see when you press and hold the POWER and VOLUME DOWN for more than 10 seconds.

nateo33

Reaction score
OK that worked for me also but now what selection do i choose in the menu??

nateo33

Reaction score
ok did that now how long does it take to boot back up? seems like its in boot loop again lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Factory Data Restore should take you through a series of questions to be sure you want to perform the restore, and then it should power down, wake back up and show an android character with a little geometric symbol in front of his belly and you should see a line indicating the progress. Once done it should reboot again and you'll be at the startup screen.

If it fails and falls into a bootloop again you have a corrupted ROM install and you will need to Fastboot back to stock. It's important to know what version of software you were running prior to this problem. Were you already upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich, and if so was it the Over The Air version pushed to your phone by Verizon or was it a flashed ROM that you downloaded?

If you were on a self-installed ROM, what version was it, i.e. .211, .214, .215, or some other ROM, either signed by Verizon or a Custom ROM?

nateo33

Reaction score
nothing yet . im computer retarded lol can i just down load something and install it into the phone