Stuck on bootloader

Armerad

Reaction score
Hey guys, been having a really hairpulling experience with my Droid 2 tonight. I had been having the bug associated with the 2.3.20 Triple Threat rom available here where the dialer pad would not line up correctly, and the camera/camcorder apps where not functioning. I had been holding off on fixing this problem, but because I am going on vacation the 20th I wanted to fix the camera for pictures.

Anyways, I had read that if you simply go into clockwork and factory restore it, then redo everything it would fix it up. After factory restoring it, my phone still had dialer issues and camera issues, so I tried again, however I also formatted the /system which someone on these forums recommended if it did not work the first time.

Upon doing that my phone is now stuck as loading the Motorola symbol, and the only alternative function I can get is to do power+x until the android guy with the exclamation mark in a triangle and then press the physical magnifying glass on the keyboard, which takes me to one of the restore menus, where it says "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" . I try all the different options and non of them fix my predicament.

I have tried waiting on the motorola boot logo for atleast 20m.

Sorry for such a long post, been trying all night to fix this. Please give me detailed steps to fix this.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You lost root...and possibly the system too since it was formatted (wiped). What happens if you press the search key at the recovery screen (exclamation point)?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
A

Armerad

Reaction score
It brings up a recovery mode, which has the options
"reboot system now
applye sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition"

I have tried all these options in the past, and while it said it was working, it didn't fix anything. It should be noted that when I try the second option, it says
"-- Install from sdcard...
.Finding update package...
Verifying update package...
................E:failed to verify whole-file signa
ture
.E:signature verification failed
..Installation aborted.
....."

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok good, you still have the custom recovery! Let me see if Spaz33g is up, he knows more about the D2 than me. Hang tight...

DroidForums junkie!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey dud I have the full sbf file do you know how to use rsd lite & the sbf files ?

OP
A

Armerad

Reaction score
I'm in the process of downloading the current SBF file because I saw that it is necessary when you mess up your Droid 2. I also downloaded RSD Lite 4.8, however I'm unaware of how to really use them.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think if you formatted the system you will have to sbf. Give me a minute to get settled but wozzy prob has you covered.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
since these guys are giving you a hand I will leave you in their hands I have to go get ready for work Gd luck bro it is not hard just read the instructions a few times before you use rsd lite as if you dont follow the steps & let rsd lite do its thing a permant brick can occur

OP
A

Armerad

Reaction score
Alright, after SBF'ing will I be able to use any backups I had saved?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
what tyou want to do is puill battery make sure your phone is plugged into the computer an phone then open phsyical keyboard slide battery in while doing that pres the up button on the physical keybord since you will be holding it side ways the up button on the physical keyboard will be on the right hold that & the power button down if it boots to the motto m then it did not work what you are trying to do is access the bootloader if you see the m then redo the previous steps once you you hold power button while holding the up button & all you see is a black screen then you are good release the power/up button & it should say bootloader on screen open rsd lite then follwo the guide pretty easy

one thing I want to say is while using the SBF file & rsd lite do not unplug your phone while rsd lite is flashing your phone