Stuck on Bootloader from OTA...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm with you swagger. I admire your determination and follow thru. Well done.

CM7GB-601

juv3

Reaction score
So good to know this, im on the 607 leak and was thinking if i could sbf back to froyo so i can get official ota

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
So good to know this, im on the 607 leak and was thinking if i could sbf back to froyo so i can get official ota

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Yep. Just use RSD Lite or ezSBF link to go back to Froyo. There is something wrong with TBH's SBF file from their app.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lusslax33

Reaction score
This is exactly what i was looking for

I came across the same problem last night. I was flashing a new rom and didnt check to see if my battery was all charged (which it was not). I did the half plug in wall charger method, but it wont hold a charge. It says code corrupt, battery low, and cannot program. Is this the same thing you were going through too?

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I came across the same problem last night. I was flashing a new rom and didnt check to see if my battery was all charged (which it was not). I did the half plug in wall charger method, but it wont hold a charge. It says code corrupt, battery low, and cannot program. Is this the same thing you were going through too?

Yes, pretty much. You need to let it charge (using my method) for 30 minutes, have the ezSBF up and ready to go before 30 minutes is up, quickly take the charger off, plug the USB into your phone and start the ezSBF process. I left a link where you can get the ezSBF. You'll need to follow instructions on there.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

peakcelln

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a first time poster on this Forum, but have been on these type forums for a very long time. I'm an "Old School" cell phone guy in the biz almost 20 years. I no longer do any activations and run a small, one man, repair and replacement phone shop. I've worked on thousands of phones over the years. Currently, I have an a955 in from a customer who broke the power button. I stripped the phone down and was actually able to use the power button flex of an a855. The phone did power on, but is in bootloader mode. I highly doubt it was the power button flex that did it and more likely the customer digging around his broken power button trying to get it to start.

So I found this excellent tutorial and followed it to a key. I am not much of a computer guy, but figured it out because the instructions were so easy. But here's my problem. The cdrom I'm using boots, I get the Boot Baby screen, then press enter, and it loads. When the screen comes up to select 1, 2, or, 3 none of my keyboard keys work; neither the side numbers or the top numbers. In fact, none of the keyboard keys work at all! I've tried it a number of times and it's still the same. My PC keyboard is working fine and is actually the same I am typing this post on. One note: the NUM LOCK, CAPS LOCK, and SCROLL LOCK, all flash while I am using the cdrom. Anyone experience this? Any fixes? I'm almost there and need to flash this phone for my customer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance!!

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a first time poster on this Forum, but have been on these type forums for a very long time. I'm an "Old School" cell phone guy in the biz almost 20 years. I no longer do any activations and run a small, one man, repair and replacement phone shop. I've worked on thousands of phones over the years. Currently, I have an a955 in from a customer who broke the power button. I stripped the phone down and was actually able to use the power button flex of an a855. The phone did power on, but is in bootloader mode. I highly doubt it was the power button flex that did it and more likely the customer digging around his broken power button trying to get it to start.

So I found this excellent tutorial and followed it to a key. I am not much of a computer guy, but figured it out because the instructions were so easy. But here's my problem. The cdrom I'm using boots, I get the Boot Baby screen, then press enter, and it loads. When the screen comes up to select 1, 2, or, 3 none of my keyboard keys work; neither the side numbers or the top numbers. In fact, none of the keyboard keys work at all! I've tried it a number of times and it's still the same. My PC keyboard is working fine and is actually the same I am typing this post on. One note: the NUM LOCK, CAPS LOCK, and SCROLL LOCK, all flash while I am using the cdrom. Anyone experience this? Any fixes? I'm almost there and need to flash this phone for my customer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance!!

Instructions from the ezSBF says to use the number keys across the keyboard, not the side keyboard. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. What kind of computer and software are you running/using? Were you able to get it figured out yet?

Last edited:

peakcelln

Reaction score
Instructions from the ezSBF says to use the number keys across the keyboard, not the side keyboard. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. What kind of computer and software are you running/using? Were you able to get it figured out yet?

It's a pc running windows XP. No, I have not figured it out yet. This is very frustrating. But what I did discover is when I have the a855 power flex installed on the a955 it powers it on but goes to bootloader. When I plug in the the charger, it still goes to boatloader, doesnt show its charging, and the battery doesnt get charged( i thought maybe it was charging w/o indicating it's charging).

However, when I open the back, unplug the power flex off the MoBo, then plug in the charger(With battery carefully inserted and making contact), the red Moto logo comes up and the phone charges. I left it over night and the phone did charge. This would suggest the a855 flex is causing the problem.

Therefore I have to find the part, or an old broken a955 I can take the part off. They have them in China, but after doing this almost 20 years, I hate ordering parts outside the US; the shipping times are incredibly long, the parts are wrong half the time, and it doesnt support the US economy.

Anyone have and old smashed one with an intact midle plate w/ power flex?

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
It's a pc running windows XP. No, I have not figured it out yet. This is very frustrating. But what I did discover is when I have the a855 power flex installed on the a955 it powers it on but goes to bootloader. When I plug in the the charger, it still goes to boatloader, doesnt show its charging, and the battery doesnt get charged( i thought maybe it was charging w/o indicating it's charging).

However, when I open the back, unplug the power flex off the MoBo, then plug in the charger(With battery carefully inserted and making contact), the red Moto logo comes up and the phone charges. I left it over night and the phone did charge. This would suggest the a855 flex is causing the problem.

Therefore I have to find the part, or an old broken a955 I can take the part off. They have them in China, but after doing this almost 20 years, I hate ordering parts outside the US; the shipping times are incredibly long, the parts are wrong half the time, and it doesnt support the US economy.

Anyone have and old smashed one with an intact midle plate w/ power flex?

So, when you said it went to the red Motorola logo comes up, does it show bootanimation and then go directly to the lockscreen? The red M logo would indicate that it is on the Gingerbread OTA.

Also, since you say you are a repairman, you should always have a backup or 2 of the most common phones you work on and maybe one or 2 for each other kinds of phones that are least common. That way you've got spare parts readied when a customer brings their phone in to get it worked on.

I wasn't able to find a power flex for a A955 but I did look on ebay.com and saw a few good deals for used A955 phones. There was a Motorola Droid 2 for $40 that seemed to be in good shape. Here's the link:

Note: This link is just to the Used section. You will see a big list of used A955s with different pricing.

Motorola Droid 2 - 8GB - Dark sapphire Verizon Smartphone 0723755811195 | eBay