Stuck in Bootloader?

arbitrage

Reaction score
I bought a used droid which i'm coming to realize was more than likely rooted. The first time I shut the phone down and powered it back up I come up with a bootloader screen 2c.6.... ok to program. I don't know how to get past this screen and back to my os/phone. Can someone please help?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you battery pull and turn it on again?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/12781-bootloader-2c-6c.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-code-corrupt-battery-low-cannot-program.html

I see no "c" mentioned in your post, but I did find these two threads here that may help.
It sounds like it is possible you got to that screen due to a low battery. If the battery pull doesn't work then leave it on the wall charger. If the LED is not lit up next to where the cord plugs into the phone it is not charging. The above links suggest borrowing a friend's battery or having them charge your battery in their phone. It may not charge while that screen is lit up.

OP
A

arbitrage

Reaction score
I did pull the battery and put it back, and the screen still is there.

I had just completely charged the battery right before I rebooted the phone which caused this 2c.6c debugging screen. I do not have the code corrupt screen, just the ok to program screen.

I did a simple nandroid restore and still the same result. I'm freakin out now.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sometimes the phone only thinks it has a low battery too. You can let it charge a bit longer or you can flash the rom that will bring your phone back to stock condition. Look through the 3rd link in my signature. To get it back to stock you need to install the RSD Lite program then just let that install the 2.01 android sbf file. Your phone will then be in stock condition and will automatically grab the 2.1 android OTA (over the air) update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did pull the battery and put it back, and the screen still is there.

I had just completely charged the battery right before I rebooted the phone which caused this 2c.6c debugging screen. I do not have the code corrupt screen, just the ok to program screen.

I did a simple nandroid restore and still the same result. I'm freakin out now.

When you do your battery pull it's important that you do it for at least 30 seconds or longer. That will give the capacitors a chance to discharge.

OP
A

arbitrage

Reaction score
Christim - I'm going to try and re-flash the stock rom when I get home. However, this bootloader screen troubles me. It is charging when plugged in (the led light next to the micro-usb adapter is lit when plugged in). And it was fully charged just before it was rebooted and this bootloader screen got stuck on the phone. AND the phone can get to SPrecovery but a simple nandroid recover doesn't do the trick. :icon_eek: I just don't know what could've caused it to get stuck this way and continue to get looped.

Titans - I tried doing the battery pull and leaving it off for 5 minutes (overkill to be safe). Same 2c.6c bootloader screen.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let us know how you make out. Is it plugged into the wall or the computer? I'd recommend the wall charger for charging.

OP
A

arbitrage

Reaction score
Oddest fix ever. My phone is working again, the bootloader screen is no longer a problem.

First, my list of things that didn't work. SPrecovery restore, battery pulls, wall charging, over some 50 reboots, and re-flash of stock rom (flashing was successful but bootloader screen persisted). What did the trick? I GAVE UP. lol.

I noticed the phone's LED would work but only when connected to the PC (strange). I left it there on the USB all day, despite the fact that the battery was full (it may have drained a little after so many reboots), the usb led light never turned off to signal it was full. I removed it after some 8-10 hours and no more bootloader loop. :icon_ banana:

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a low battery issue then. Glad it worked out and that you only had to freak out for about a day instead of longer:) You also know that your phone is 100% stock for sure now too.