Stuck at 1X today...

Rishi P

Reaction score
I usually get 3g all day at my desk at work, but today it keeps going back and forth between 3g and 1x. Can't even browser much it's way too slow. Turned my phone on and off three times and still same. What could be causing this...its very annoying lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Could be a tower issue or network issue. Call VZW and ask about your area.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
I'll wait and see how it is tommorow and make a call.

I read elsewhere that VZW is cutting people's signal strenght that use too much data? How do I even check how much I am using...all I do is mainly browse the web an occasionaly download of an mp3 or picture and that's about it.

xliderider

Reaction score
Not signal strength, they will throttle back your data speeds so you can't use too much bandwidth on the network. From the description of what you do, you don't have to worry about that.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
You can check your data usage with the My Verizon app. I lost internet connection at my place during a snow storm and tethered my Droid Eris to watch tv streams. I used 13GB in 2 days on America's Got Talent

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

CursedArmand

Reaction score
Also you could check verizonwireless.com but you should probably use your WiFi if available instead of the 3G. Most land connections are way faster than the .5Mbps you get through Big Red

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

alboboy10

Reaction score
I usually get 3g all day at my desk at work, but today it keeps going back and forth between 3g and 1x. Can't even browser much it's way too slow. Turned my phone on and off three times and still same. What could be causing this...its very annoying lol

This has been happening a lot to me at home its pathetic and annoying. I used to have four bars download speeds of 2.5 mbps now it went down to 500kbps. And it goes to 1x so often I began to hate the number one and letter x.

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
yeah i think it has something to do with the area i'm in right now at work...jus asked another guy who has the new iphone he said he hasn't had much connection today either...do they have teh same platform as droids in terms of 3g and 1x?

xliderider

Reaction score
yeah i think it has something to do with the area i'm in right now at work...jus asked another guy who has the new iphone he said he hasn't had much connection today either...do they have teh same platform as droids in terms of 3g and 1x?

If it's a Verizon iPhone, then yes.

Technoman

Reaction score
Might not do anything, but make a *228 option 2 call to update your PRL.

How do you get the number pad to show up in the call? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to show up while making that call.

Go to your main settings screen, and then select "call settings". Scroll to the bottom and choose "Show dialpad". This will allow you to select "All Calls".

That makes the dialpad stay active on all call types.

igknight

Reaction score
I had this problem for two days. Pulled the battery on my X for 10 minutes, put it back in, now its back to normal.