Streaming radio help

swingwise

Reaction score
I can't use my work computer to stream my favorite radio station (sports talk) and cannot seem to find anything to stream in the Android market except some pay to use apps I worry about trusting. Any tips? I want http://1.ice1.sa.streamaudio.com/kzns_am.mp3

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums App

JArmandB

Reaction score
I use radiotime and it works great. Yes it is a paid app, but it costs so little (only $3). No trust issues there.

OP
S

swingwise

Reaction score
Would you be willing to do me a favor and test the link to see if it works, please?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like the Xiia Live radio app for streaming because it has a great design and user interface, plus you can not only search for streams but find them online and add them yourself... It can play a LOT of types of internet streams.

It is also paid, but worth every penny. I have Radio Time too but think it is incredibly terrible. Never gets updated. Had one, and it was just so buttons look better on the scren. Always drops out on me too. Still a ncie app, but it needs work adn they just don't seem to care, just counting their money..

OP
S

swingwise

Reaction score
Okay, one for one, one for another... Any tie breaking votes?

DaveShapiro72

Reaction score
I am going to throw a thrid option to really confuse thing. I use TuneIn Radio. It plays most broadcast streams from internet except clear Channel they have there own IHeartRadio app. Not sure if it is a broadcast station or an internet stream you are looking for. Also streams podcasts. Pretty cool app.

OP
S

swingwise

Reaction score
The third option was perfect! It worked great and was free. Thank you all.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Another vote for TunedIn Radio. I have tried all of them out there and it blows everything else out the water.

Roland Stone

Reaction score
Only RADIO RIP allows you to RECORD internet radio streams to your Droid's SD card. And the latest update (10/28/10) has a scheduler for timed automatic recordings. Nothing else like it in the Market. Check it out!