Stream Video to Phone Anywhere, Anytime.

Reaction score
How do i do this? lol

I have tried a few apps that guarantee success but i must be the exception to the rule. I have (against my better judgement) installed VLC on my desktop to work in conjunction with VLC Stream to work but only over my home wifi. I am looking for something that is similar to this but can stream as long as I have at least a 3G connection.

I love "the could" and wish it would hurry up and get here as the standard but I also want to know what you all think/use for your data storage. I use Dropbox for my school stuff to keep my homework/lab reports in sync across my 2 PC's, my phone, and the schools computers as well. I wish I had more storage to sync my media folder to the could so i only have to manage one library so long as Dropbox is installed and I have access to my Dropbox storage.

Anyway, can someone point me in the right direction to stream all sorts of videos to my phone, please?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Drop box is the easiest I think. The only thing I stream is my TV via Slingbox, well worth it:hail:

I used to use a service called Orb. It worked great when I used it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dropbox for video streaming? Uh uh.
He mentioned viewing files as well, maybe I should've added "for viewing documents."

Orb was good when I used it. Not really aware of any other app that would actually stream. At least with dropbox he can download to his phone.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Try splashtop. I have it but never had a chance to set it up. The app state it can stream hi-res video and audio and access ur computer for email documents etc over wifi or 3g/4g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP

Reaction score
Ill definitely be looking into Orb and Splashtop. Thanks for the opinion guys.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Yeah splashtop is good. Amazon gave it away as a free app. Its pretty much like a remote desktop app. So your PC has to be on. Drop box your stuff is stored on their server so it doesn't matter. Look at zumocast too. It comes loaded on the Droid bionic and is a Motorola app but I know the apk is on xda.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk