Stream local radio stations

xmnj

Reaction score
Is there any good apps that pulls in radio station streams? When I had the iPhone, I used ooTunes which had radio stations around the world and shoutcast stations. I know Droidlive pulls shoutcast streams but I cannot seem to find my local stations in their databases.

Thanks in advance

coondogg97

Reaction score
I haven't found anything. I e-mailed Pocket Tunes today about this. That's what I used on my iPod Touch and it works great. I would love to have that app on the Droid.

OP
X

xmnj

Reaction score
I'm going to do the same and email Pocket Tunes. I think if they get enough requests, they may do something.

rod

Reaction score
try "cherry rplayer". its found all the radio station streams i wanted. dont know if itll do the same for you.

OP
X

xmnj

Reaction score
This looks like it might have to do. Thanks!

coondogg97

Reaction score
I'm going to do the same and email Pocket Tunes. I think if they get enough requests, they may do something.

This is the reply I received, I guess it could be worse.

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, glad you are enjoying Pocket Tunes.

Regarding Android, currently Pocket Tunes does not support the Android operating system. We are
always considering other operating systems but we have a company policy not to make public those
plans. So I can't say if we would have a version for Android, in the future, or not, sorry.

Take care,
Dave
NormSoft Support Team
NormSoft, Inc.
NormSoft : Home
The players above are great, but they dont stream Sirius or XM (unless its through shoutcast).

rod

Reaction score
im waiting on an app to stream sirius also. thatll be one of the apps i wouldnt mind paying for.

philslc

Reaction score
im waiting on an app to stream sirius also. thatll be one of the apps i wouldnt mind paying for.

Slacker streams audio on the Droid. I find it similar to Sirius/XM.

rod

Reaction score
philslc... similar to sirius minus howard stern, tho. right now i use a stiletto in my truck, and itd be nice to be able to get rid of that and use only the droid. itd be kickass, actually

MarkyM

Reaction score
I'm using DroidLive. I like it very much.
I used Pocket Tunes on my Treo and don't miss it at all since getting this.
--M--

coondogg97

Reaction score
For anyone who is interested, Pocket Tunes released another update. Now you are able to record any stream that you are listening to and play it back later. I REALLY want this app on the Droid. I e-mail them again complimenting their latest enhancement and again asked for it on Android.

We will see....

willmiller82

Reaction score
Ive been using the the cherry rplayer to listen to the local sports talk radio station. I only listen to one local station and it has the one i need so it works great for me. About once an hour it might need to buffer but it works really well. Havent listened to any music over it so i cant speak much to the audio quality.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse or hijack the OPs thread, but as I said I e-mailed NormSoft and got the following reply:

Hi Brain,

Thanks, and you never know. Certainly if we see the demand on a certain platform we will consider it.
It is very expensive to port over to other platforms so we have to see a pretty good demand and
potential to do it. But the Droid seems to be doing well so it's certainly possible.

Take Care,
Dave
NormSoft Support Team
Creators of Pocket Tunes(R) - Your phone. Your music.(TM)

Pocket Tunes : Palm MP3 Player : Treo MP3 Player : Palm WMA Player / NormSoft : Pocket Tunes Radio Pocket Tunes Radio for iPhone and iPod Touch / NormSoft : Home
As I mentioned previously it does stream both XM & Sirius (including Stern) and with the latest update you are able to record any stream you are listening to. There hasn't been a station I couldn't find in this app. If you are curious about a specific station feel free to ask and I will look it up. If you feel you can benefit from this app please feel free to e-mail the developers, the e-mail is below:

[email protected]

I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this product. I will receive NOTHING if this does come over to Droid. Its just a fantastic app and I think it would be a great addition to the Android community.

chrisaba1

Reaction score
Howard stern and all sirius channels on android

Hi just to let you guys know, Wunder Radio, supports siriusxm, and you can listen to all the stations not like the official app, which keeps skiiping and blocks the best channels. You do need a sirius web account to listen, but worth it, great sound, connection and quality. Love this app

WUNDER RADIO