Stream Audio from Any URL or IP?

Crof

Reaction score
I have many internet radio apps on my droid and they work great. However, all of them only let me chose from a list of stations. I was wondering if there was an app out there that would let me stream from a specific URL or IP Address?

This is what I'm looking to do:

I want to run an audio stream from VLC on my computer to at least my droid and probably a few other portable devices. I can't seem to find any "official" VLC or any other app that would let me stream from an entered address.

Any thoughts? Maybe there is an easier solution that I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance!

harrellj

Reaction score
Audiogalaxy is an app that will stream your music collection (you specify the folders on the computer running the server app). However, VLC isn't involved.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
C

Crof

Reaction score
Audiogalaxy is an app that will stream your music collection (you specify the folders on the computer running the server app). However, VLC isn't involved.

That is defiantly an app I'm going to install for later. But for what I'm looking for at the moment, it won't work because it uses the inernet. I was looking for a stand-alone network solution. Here's my strange plan:

My friend and I are moving a long distance. I was planing to put a laptop in one car and use the Droid in the other so we can use an Ah-Hoc network to stream an audio book between the cars. Start the book, and drive! That way we would both always be at the same spot.

I realize this is an abuse of technology and the wifi probibly won't work in practice, but it was an idea in my head that I just have to try out and at least get working while the cars are parked!

Anyways, we have a Droid 2 with unlimited data (no tethering), a laptop, and as optional equipment: an iTouch (obviously wifi only)

Anyone who says "just use a CD" is missing the point completely ;)