Strategy Analytics Predicts Kindle Fire Tabs to Sell 15Million Units through 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BGR-Amazon-Kindle-Fire.jpg

The marketing research company, Strategy Analytics, predicts that the Amazon Android Tablet, the "Kindle Fire" will be a huge success and should sell 15 million units by the end of 2013. They also suggest that this tablet will be the best selling of all the Android tablets. They further expressed that, even though the Android version on the tablet is heavily modified, it will still be a rousing success for Google, because it will put the Android OS in the limelight. Here is a quote of their comments,
Amazon to Sell 15 Million Kindle Fires By 2013 – Strategy Analytics

BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Amazon will sell more than 15 million of its new Kindle Fire tablet worldwide by the end of 2013, according to the latest report from Strategy Analytics’ Tablet and Touchscreen Strategies service. The forecast, published in “Amazon’s Fire Reignites Entry-Level Tablet Market”, is derived using a proprietary choice-based consumer demand model, assumes that Amazon will add two further Fire models during the forecast period, and that it will expand availability to Western Europe, Japan and other developed markets during 2012.

“Our first impression of the Amazon Kindle Fire is very positive,” says Peter King, Director, Tablet and Touchscreen Strategies. “Amazon has avoided what most of the earlier iPad competitors failed to avoid; a direct comparison on size, features, price and user experience.”

“One company that will welcome the Fire is Google,” King continues. “Amazon will likely sell such high volumes of the Fire that Google’s Android OS will benefit from the increased scale of Apps developed with Android in mind in general, and Amazon specifically.”
It'll be somewhat ironic if the most successful Android tablet turns out to be a device that doesn't make a big deal out of being an Android tablet, and in fact, almost hides it. What do you think of SA's bold predictions?

Source: FireForum.net via BGR

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think its a reasonable prediction. The Fire doesn't just cater to people who want an Android tablet. It caters to Amazon's entire sub-base of e-reader users. I wouldn't be surprised if what the analysts are predicting happens, nor would I be surprised if more then 15M are sold through 2013.

UNC

Reaction score
I don't think it gets to 15m, closer to 10m IMO... Definitely good sales though!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the first Android (well Android based in this case) tablet that I will actually go and test out in the store. The price is too good to not atleast try it.

Willyammer

Reaction score
This is the first Android (well Android based in this case) tablet that I will actually go and test out in the store. The price is too good to not atleast try it.
I don't think you will find an Amazon Store in your (or any) neighborhood. :icon_eek:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will find an Amazon Store in your (or any) neighborhood. :icon_eek:

Right and I am sure its too far fetched to think a place like Best Buy would have them on sale.......

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.