Strange Download from Samsung on the Verizon Galaxy Note 4!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you see it under the "Running" section in the app manager? I have 6 Knox apps under "All", but I haven't installed the core Knox app. It asked me at first boot if I wanted to set it up and I declined.

I use the standard encryption since my company has not made Knox mandatory yet.

Do you have the Knox shortcut in your app drawer? If I click on mine it prompts me to download the Knox files.
No not under running. No I didn't get an option to set it up on initial boot up. There's no shortcut in my app drawer under apps or widgets. This is the only place on the phone I see anything that says Knox. Same with Note2 that was on Verizon
b5883e85da38aca606214907c94e97a2.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wonder how you enter Knox mode then without a shortcut to launch it?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I just read an article about it and it sounds like what I need to split work/social life on one phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If all you wanna do is stick work calls, texts, & emails in a container, I'm sure it's great.

I was hoping I could setup my VPN in there so that Knox mode could have a password & I could leave a lock screen off the device itself if I wanted to. No dice.

It was a trick removing it the first time I tried it out. The second time went more smoothly.

Sent from my Note 4