Strange anomaly with corporate sync account

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've run into a weird issue with a Corporate Sync account. I have 2 @msn.com email addresses that I use for business/personal email, calendars, contacts, etc. I successfully set both of them up yesterday, but only one of them is visible in the Manage Accounts menu. Now, normally I wouldn't really care about this except that earlier today my accounts stopped syncing automatically (which, as my research turned up, is a known issue with CorpSync). I deleted the one account, but am unable to delete or modify settings on the other since there's no entry for it in Manage Accounts. I am positive the account is still on the phone, because I can access its inbox in the global Messages folder, send email, move emails to folders, etc. I should add also that the sync works manually (not automatically) - I have to tell the phone to poll for new emails.
As far as I know, the only way to work with accounts on Android is via the Manage Accounts menu. My phone is not rooted (though, if there's a way to "surgically remove" this account using a root file explorer or something... but that sounds dangerous at best).

Any ideas? I've researched other similar Corporate Sync account issues and people have been suggesting (and verifying) that a full factory reset solves the problem. I'd like to avoid doing that, because it's a huge pain in the ass and I really don't want to re-download, re-configure and re-arrange everything on my phone unless I absolutely have to.

Apologies if this has in fact been resolved elsewhere (30+ minutes of searching these forums didn't turn up anything :S)

irons312

Reaction score
corporate sync account not showing up under accounts

I'm have the same issue with a corporate sync account. It is not showing up under accounts. I can still view mail but can't change settings. did you have any luck with out reseting your phone? I just want to delete the account and start and reinstall. My other work accout is fine and shows up under account and can I can change settings.