Storm to Droid X

TiAgM3

Reaction score
Hello all,

Switching over from a BB Storm to a Droid X...unfortunately my overnight shipment was lost in translation by FedEx, so hopefully it will either be available for pick up tomorrow or at the latest Monday.

This will be my first Android device so i'm looking forward to learning about the platform. Should be a very nice change from my Storm 1.

li2327

Reaction score
You're going to love the Android platform. I've had every blackberry that Verizon carries. Now that I'm on the Droid. I haven't looked back. I do miss bbm from time to time though. Other than that I'm here to stay.

Roryo513

Reaction score
Hey;

I am new to the Android as well, but trust me its worth it. I also switched from a Storm1 (its still sitting next to me as we speak). The Droid is exponentially better, I can't even begin to compare the two. I got my Storm on opening day, and it really did dissapoint me. Its a shame, since I was looking forward to being a crackberry addict, but the storm never really reached par. The DroidX however, its amazing.

Good luck, and get excited, this phone takes a huge dump on the storm.

OP
T

TiAgM3

Reaction score
Yah, I enjoyed the BB, I still carry a Curve for work. But the new Droid X was just what I was looking for when I started looking for a new phone. I may have been lucky and had one of the few Storm 1s that actually worked well and still does for that matter.

I think the biggest diference I noticed when playing with a demo Droid X was the sheer speed! My Storm felt like a 90yr old man with a cane and a bum hip, and the Droid X was like Michael Johnson running the 100.

senorag

Reaction score
Just switched yesterday

I just made the switch from the Storm (1st version) to the DroidX yesterday. I ALREADY LOVE IT! I am struggling with a few issues but I like it better than the IPhones that I have played with!

Anyone know how to:
*switch data from an old memory card to the DroidX?
*make the vibrate strength LESS? (I jumped 10 feet the first time that it rang!)
*I have the Vcast Music with Rhapsody, but I can't figure out how to get it on my phone

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I know I am not going to miss my Storm AT ALL!

OP
T

TiAgM3

Reaction score
Picked up my Droid X this morning from FedEx and have been playing with it since! Downloaded Beautiful widgets, moved some music to the phone and am in the process of putting Zombieland on the phone!

So far it destroys my Storm in every way and I really couldn't be happier. Tried out Launcher Pro but I'm not sure how well I like it. Might stick with the stock moto home screens for now.

What screen protector do you all use or recommend? I actually work for VZW (shhhhhhh....) and I wasn't happy with the ones I could pick up in the store when I got them for the Storm.

jayreichbaum

Reaction score
I also made the switch from the Storm 1 to the Droid X Thursday AM (1st in line, just like waiting for the I-phone, only the Droid X kicks butt) and am loving every bit of it. So fast. Cant wait for Froyo 2.2 to amp it up even more. A few quirks I need to adjust to like weaning myself off Outlook and using Gmail more. I love the auto syncing of emails & appointments that I enter into Gmail. The Droid X gets them almost instantly. One thing I would like to find out if anyone knows when you receive a text or email other than distinct ringer or sound, the screen doesn't wake up and if I dont notice the tiny green flashing light I don't know I missed something if the phone isn't surgically attached to me.