Stopping duplicate emails

tap51

Reaction score
When an email is received on my Droid, I am notified twice. One from my Gmail account and other from the Email app pre-installed on the phone. Since all of my email is forwarded to my Gmail, I would like to know how to stop or delete the Email app so that I will not get duplicate emails.

reloaded.89

Reaction score
since you say all your email is being forwarded to your gmail account, the simplest solution i can think of is to just delete the email account you've programmed into the "Email" application.
unless you want to send emails from the account that is forwarding the emails, then you should go to your account settings on the internet and stop any emails from being forwarded

OP
T

tap51

Reaction score
I've gone to settings within 'email'>notifications> and then unchecked it, but within an hour or so, it re-checks itself automatically (and I get duplicate emails again).

On the bright side, I've had the phone about 2 weeks now, and this has been my only complaint.

OP
T

tap51

Reaction score
Thank you reloaded.89!

I finally was able to delete the account from the 'email' app. This should fix the problem! :icon_ banana: