stop gTalk from running on startup?

joshwithachance

Reaction score
every single time I go into running programs when the device has just booted gtalk services is running. is there a way to stop this? I DON'T USE GTALK! any answers appreciated :)

backlash

Reaction score
The app toggle settings has a auto kill feature, other task managers do as well.

I would think that if you were rooted, you could also go in and rename the files/folder associated with Gtalk, therefore the os wouldn't find it, and wouldn't be able to start it. Do so at your own risk though.

OP
joshwithachance

joshwithachance

Reaction score
I'm not rooted so I guess that's not an option lol. I guess I'll just have to always go to the running apps setting to kill it everytime -_-

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
every single time I go into running programs when the device has just booted gtalk services is running. is there a way to stop this? I DON'T USE GTALK! any answers appreciated :)[/QUOTE

Try going into gtalk: menu: setting: uncheck auto log in

nphil

Reaction score
I wouldn't do that, disabling gtalk from startup or killing the process screws up Market. You won't be able to download any apps unless you restart gtalk again

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

mikes

Reaction score
No, it's not running (yes, I know it's shown under "Running Services"). It's in memory, sleeping. It doesn't hurt anything. If Android needs the memory, it will take it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its not hurting anything one way or the other. So you can keep shutting it off or try letting it go. LikeMikes said if the phone needs the memory it'll shut it down for you. So its a personal choice.

rjax

Reaction score
The one time I killed gTalk services, my Gmail stopped pushing. The same for others, too. So I'd advise against killing it if you're using the Gmail App.