Stock Rom

Soldiers2

Reaction score
Hey I flashed liberty 1.5 on my droid X with bootstapper and forgot to make a backup of my orignal phone stock rom. Should I be worried? Is there a way for me to put a stock rom back on and then back it up?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i wouldn't worry about it too much. when it comes time to upgrade, you can either flash the full sbf from the computer or the system only sbf from clockwork.

oh and of course welcome to the forums.

OP
Soldiers2

Soldiers2

Reaction score
TY. loving the liberty 1.5 and loving my phone rooted. So if I flash sbf that puts it back to original stock?

OP
Soldiers2

Soldiers2

Reaction score
Cool do u have to flash back to a stock rom to get undates like offical gingerbread when carrier releases it or can u get it rooted?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can get the update if your'e rooted but not if you're on a custom rom. also if you are stock but have removed bloatware then the update will fail.so yes for you, an sbf will be necesary to get an official update but the good news is there are system only updates that you can flash like a rom. takes a little bit of effort out of the process.

OP
Soldiers2

Soldiers2

Reaction score
Awesome I will look into it thx again

OP
Soldiers2

Soldiers2

Reaction score
I just sbf using madserstcok on my droid x. The M came up then the liberty sign. The eagle just continues to circle. I am asuming I'm in a boot loop. Is there anything I can do. I don't want to brick it so can I just pull battery or am i screwed.

OP
Soldiers2

Soldiers2

Reaction score
sorry i have no idea how to start a new message

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can pull the battery. Try booting in to stock recovery and doing a data wipe.

tappin and a talkin