go back to original ROM?

yukon

Reaction score
so i tried out a ROM by cy..... i dont really like it. Is there a ROM to go back to original droid? i didint backup my stuff originaly well because someone else did it for me. But im not worried about recovering anything, just more curious if i can install orignal ROM?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try the gimpsource project or MetiCkOne section in custom ROMs section.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

sid_wisc

Reaction score
so i tried out a ROM by cy..... i dont really like it. Is there a ROM to go back to original droid? i didint backup my stuff originaly well because someone else did it for me. But im not worried about recovering anything, just more curious if i can install orignal ROM?

Yes you could do that go to Peter Alfonso and download the FRG83G file if you still want to keep rooted... If not you will have to use SBF to bring it back to out of the box condition... There are a lot of material to see how to SBF in case you do not or PM me and I will walk you through. Just out of curiosity did you try Sourcery or MIUI roms I personally liked them when I had D1 so you could give them or other ROMs a try and may be you will like them.... Have fun and njoy

Edit: The SBF is also available at the link (Peter Alfonso) I have up here.... So you could get it from there!!!

OP
Y

yukon

Reaction score
Thank you both!

So I decided to go to the cymod website and installed there rOM. I love the layout....... buy I don't have a market app.....nor can I sync my phone to my gmail &4$$##!%-& I don't know what to do?
I can't access contacts. I go to the sync option on the menu and it only asks for exchange acount... WTF!

Sorry, I should of not gone this far, but I thought I knew what I was getting into. Apreciate if someonecould lead me in the right direction?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, Cyanogen Mod has a gapps.zip I believe which you have to flash after the first boot. That contains market and the like I believe.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, Cyanogenmod does have a seperate 'gapps' file that MUST be installed to have the android market, etc. on your phone. I always flash it right arfter flashing the cm rom and BEFORE booting the phone. But in all actuality, I believe the instructions for flashing CM pretty much clearly states that fact.

And actually please don't take this wrong but the fact that you said your friend did your backup for you and you didn't do it yourself gives me pause as to how much you should be jumping ahead at this point in your knowledge (or maybe lack of) in what you're doing. Please take some time a read through the information until you start to get a better idea of how this stuff is done and how it works, and before you change ANYTHING on your phone, ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!

good luck

Last edited: