Stock Music app problem

Kreichs

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and I have just got my Droid Incredible and I am loving it so far.

I think I have a problem with the stock music app. When I first got the phone it had all the songs that came with it and I was able to flip through the songs like an Ipod touch type interface. So I deleted the songs that came with it and put some of my own on my SD card. Now it seems I cannot flip through my music anymore. It just shows the Now Playing song on the screen and thats it.
Just wondering if I am missing something simple or if anyone else has this problem.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and I have just got my Droid Incredible and I am loving it so far.

I think I have a problem with the stock music app. When I first got the phone it had all the songs that came with it and I was able to flip through the songs like an Ipod touch type interface. So I deleted the songs that came with it and put some of my own on my SD card. Now it seems I cannot flip through my music anymore. It just shows the Now Playing song on the screen and thats it.
Just wondering if I am missing something simple or if anyone else has this problem.

What format are they? Are the mp3's?

I would think that you are missing the menu button at the bottom of the phone and press it and select "folders/library" or some such (I don't use the stock music app so I don't recall what it's named).

Or it has to do with where you have the music stored. Put the music in a folder on the sdcard card labeled "Music" and then open the native apps menu and somewhere in there is an option to tell it where your music resides (if I recall correctly).

But there is something else you are missing. It's the slew of much better music apps that are available in the market. MixZing, PowerAmp, and a lot of others. They are head and shoulders above the native music app. They are so good that I deleted my stock music app.

Good luck and have fun.

OP
K

Kreichs

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I have not checked out the other music apps yet, I have been busy figuring everything else out on this phone. It is my first smartphone, so I am amazed at some of the stuff it can do. I'll have to try one of those music apps.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep, these smartphones have a pretty steep learning curve. There is soooo much to learn. However, you are in the right place to learn it.

Good luck.

davegutz

Reaction score
LONG PRESS to Sort Songs by Track Order Using Stock Android Music App

When selecting an album using the stock music player press and hold it long. Answer "Play" to the pop-up and the songs will be displayed in track order. May or may not be ok to you to add extra step to playing.