Stock Email App & HTML Email

SBacklin

Reaction score
Does the stock email app support HTML email? I know the GMail app does. I had tried setting up my hotmail account on my Eris and it wouldn't do html. Anyone have any ideas or input?

rcklss1

Reaction score
Under settings in the email app not gmail change the download setting from 5kb to 25 kb. open email app-> press menu-> more-> settings-> send & receive-> mail size limit...... you will see 5kb is text only.... 25kb is the next smallest limit but it does allow for html to be downloaded into the e-mail.

Last edited:

Mattb

Reaction score
That doesnt seem to work with exchange accounts, is that right?

rcklss1

Reaction score
I would love to answer you on that but i would be lying if i said yes or no.... i use pop/imap e-mail for my company..... cant say for sure on exchange sorry

rcklss1

Reaction score
however being under the same mail app for checking exchange it might work.... have you tried it with no success?

Mattb

Reaction score
Yeah my limits are 2,5,10,20,50 or Entire Mail. No matter which one I select the Message Format is still Plain Text and it's grayed out so I cant change it.

Ando

Reaction score
Yeah my limits are 2,5,10,20,50 or Entire Mail. No matter which one I select the Message Format is still Plain Text and it's grayed out so I cant change it.

Yes, I have the same problem with my MS exchange email account. No support for HTML and the "message format" option that is currently set to "plain text" seems to be locked somehow. Any suggestions of how this can be fixed. I can't believe that a phone as advanced as the droid eris would not support html email in this manner.

Ando

Reaction score
bump. Anyone have any ideas except maybe "jailbreak?"

erikzen

Reaction score
I have my phone synced with my Exchange server at work and it supports HTML.

LinLind

Reaction score
Any Luck since this post?

I recently purchased the thunderbolt and am experiencing the same issue noted in this thread, the send/receive message format is disabled and is set to plain text only. I can not view HTML emails

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!