Eris and Thunderbird email

tere12

Reaction score
I have a yahoo email account and a mac email accout that I get through Thunderbird.
I get both of my Yahoo and Mac emails using Thunderbird in my PC.

I have set up my Eris to receive my Yahoo and Mac emails.
But for some reason, when I delete my Mac email from my Eris, it is also deleted from Thunderbird AND from my Mac server.

Does anyone here use Thunderbird as their email application, and does your deleted email disappear from the server too?
Thanks for any feedback.

alk1

Reaction score
IN Menu Go into your Send & Receive settings and uncheck delete mail from server. That should take care of your problem.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gotta love it when someone's very first post is to help another vs a question of their own! Welcome aboard.

OP
T

tere12

Reaction score
hi, thanks very much for taking the time to help.
Are you talking about the Menu in the Eris or in Thunderbird or in Mac Mail?
in any case, I already have it checked in Thunderbird and also in Mac Mail to not delete messages from Server.
And I also looked in Menu - Send and Receive - in the Eris settings but did not find anything regarding leaving messages in Server. I also looked in the Account Settings in Eris, and didn't find anything relating to Server settings anywhere.
Can you be more specific?
thanks again!

Last edited:

alk1

Reaction score
On the HTC Droid Eris. Open my mail then go to menu at bottom of screen select more then settings then send & receive you will see the option for deleting or not deleting on server. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Good Luck

Last edited: