Stay off, wifi!

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
I turn wifi off when I'm out and about but it tries to connect with every random network it passes. When I have it off I want it to STAY OFF.

Is this possible?

Bonus question... what happened to silencing my ringing phone by setting it face down? Did Lollipop kill that handy feature too?

TIA,
Dr Fatsides

1coopgt

Reaction score
Go into WIFI / Advanced settings and turn off the search for wifi .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...Bonus question... what happened to silencing my ringing phone by setting it face down? Did Lollipop kill that handy feature too?

TIA,
Dr Fatsides

I think it did. That was one of the selling features that convinced a freind of mine to get one earlier this year, and now he says it does not do that anymore. My kids Moto X's are the same...they used to silence face down and not since the 5.1 update. My Droid Maxx had that feature also & now that I have a Turbo I can't find any Setting s to turn it back on.

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
I think it did. That was one of the selling features that convinced a freind of mine to get one earlier this year, and now he says it does not do that anymore. My kids Moto X's are the same...they used to silence face down and not since the 5.1 update. My Droid Maxx had that feature also & now that I have a Turbo I can't find any Setting s to turn it back on.
Thanks! My phone rang at work today, flipped it over, and..... It kept ringing. Yet another black mark against Lollipop. Yes I'm one of those people who loved KitKat. Lollipop? Not so much.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
TtBj3oX.jpg

8ZzxYn4.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Try this on your Turbo. Settings > With Fi > 3 dot menu > Advanced. Slide that "Scanning Always Available" to OFF.

uploadfromtaptalk1442021442596.png

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Try this on your Turbo. Settings > With Fi > 3 dot menu > Advanced. Slide that "Scanning Always Available" to OFF.

Aha! The three dot menu! Thanks for your patience. Now why are your menus black and mine are sucky white?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Your screenshots show your menus as dark, while mine are fugly white.

I think you meant to ask cr6. His screenshots are the dark menu theme, mine are from my Turbo and are a white background like yours. His phone is still on KK, so that's why his Setings menu is the dark background with white text.

Reactions: cr6
OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
I think you meant to ask cr6. His screenshots are the dark menu theme, mine are from my Turbo and are a white background like yours. His phone is still on KK, so that's why his Setings menu is the dark background with white text.

D'oh! Of course. Thanks again, guys!