STAR WARS fans...admit it...

Darkseider

Reaction score
So what's the best place to begin for someone who has never seen anything related to Star Wars?

OK. Watch Episodes 1 and 2. Then get both parts of the Cartoon Network Series done by Genndy Tartakovsky and watch them. Then Episode 3. Finally the Episodes 4 - 6 which are the first ones made but last episodes chronologically. Or to make it easier:

1. The Phantom Menace (Episode 1)
2. Attack of the Clones (Episode 2)
3. Genndy Tartakovsky's Cartoon Network Series (Parts 1 and 2)
4. Revenge of the Sith (Episode 3)
5. A New Hope (Episode 4)
6. The Empire Strikes Back (Episode 5)
7. Return of the Jedi (Episode 6)

The reason I suggest the Cartoon Network series is because it fills in a lot of the timeline and answers a lot of questions between episodes 2 and 3 and develops the main characters. This way when going into Episode 3 you actually KNOW what's going on and how it got to that point.

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Just watch 1 Star Wars movie a day for 1 week.(in order I-VI) But you have to watch them all because it's one giant story.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Just watch 1 Star Wars movie a day for 1 week.(in order I-VI) But you have to watch them all because it's one giant story.

He really needs to watch the Cartoon Network animated series in between 2 and 3. It makes a HUGE difference.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Being a huge Star Wars fan it was, of course, the first thing I thought of when I saw the advertisement for the Droid however I was still confused as to why Lucasfilm was credited only to find out 'droid' was basically coined and copyrighted by Georgie (no surprise there really).

So what's the best place to begin for someone who has never seen anything related to Star Wars?

OK. Watch Episodes 1 and 2. Then get both parts of the Cartoon Network Series done by Genndy Tartakovsky and watch them. Then Episode 3. Finally the Episodes 4 - 6 which are the first ones made but last episodes chronologically. Or to make it easier:

1. The Phantom Menace (Episode 1)
2. Attack of the Clones (Episode 2)
3. Genndy Tartakovsky's Cartoon Network Series (Parts 1 and 2)
4. Revenge of the Sith (Episode 3)
5. A New Hope (Episode 4)
6. The Empire Strikes Back (Episode 5)
7. Return of the Jedi (Episode 6)

The reason I suggest the Cartoon Network series is because it fills in a lot of the timeline and answers a lot of questions between episodes 2 and 3 and develops the main characters. This way when going into Episode 3 you actually KNOW what's going on and how it got to that point.

I tried to get my girlfriend to watch the holy saga and ironically it was one of her best female friends that got her to agree. It's a shame in my opinion that I don't think she was able to truly appreciate being able to watch the story from 1-6. :(

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, that CN series is sick...

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have the SW theme song as my ring tone. Yoda anounces my corporate emails. R2D2 does texts and calendar. DROID still does Gmail and so on

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
My Moto Droid makes different R2D2 beeps for email, sms, and gtalk... hahah

Yeah, that was one of the first things I did, too. -- dl R2D2 sounds for my Droid. Only beeps for SMS, though. Got email notification turned off; it was driving me nuts.
Say, anyone got a Dot Matrix sound? :) May the Schwartz be with youuuuu!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I agree, that CN series is sick...

My 7yr old nephew has become a real SW fan because of the CN series. Or maybe he's just got the family sci fi gene. :)

[quote/] Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space[/quote]

Dr Who fan, too, by any chance?

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so can someone give a synopsis of this CN series and what it adds to the story? i've never watched it, and will need a pretty legit reason to explain to my wife and kids why i want to watch a cartoon ;)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
so can someone give a synopsis of this CN series and what it adds to the story? i've never watched it, and will need a pretty legit reason to explain to my wife and kids why i want to watch a cartoon ;)

You have to see it to really appreciate it, the art, the storylines, the characters, it would be difficult to do it justice in words alone

Darkseider

Reaction score

Well for one Genndy Tartakovsky is just an awesome artist so that is one. Two it develops the main characters, particularly Anakin. It is the missing movie.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
so can someone give a synopsis of this CN series and what it adds to the story? i've never watched it, and will need a pretty legit reason to explain

You have to see it to really appreciate it, the art, the storylines, the characters, it would be difficult to do it justice in words alone

I'll have my nephew educate me next time he's over. LOL -- that would make me his padawan!

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score

Just say kids, daddy is watching Star Wars. Honey don't laugh. LOL

Seriously though, did you ever notice in Episode III that Obi-Wan is sometimes referred to as General Kenobi? Well things like that are answered in the series. Also it shows Anakin Skywalkers first apprentice Ahsoka. And much more it's very good.