Stan Lee and Steve Wonziak Team Up to Bring New Comic Con to Silicon Valley

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The video above is a bit cheesy, but what it represents could be pretty exciting news if you happen to live in Silicon Valley and enjoy comic books (and/or comic book movies). The incomparable Steve Wozniak (former executive and the co-founder of Apple) and the comic book master himself, Stan Lee, are teaming up to bring a brand new Comic Con to Silicon Valley!

The event will be held on March 19 and 20, 2016 at the San Jose Convention Center. The SVCC plans to invite a number of Hollywood celebrities and tech leaders across multiple media, including movies, TV, music, gaming, electronics, apps and emerging technologies. Now I wish I lived in Silicon Valley!

Thanks for the tip, @cr6!

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Real cheesy, but with these two guys at the helm, it should be a pretty awesome event.
That watch the Woz was wearing was huge!
eTKYgn6.jpg
Doesn't look like any smartwatch I've ever seen. Anyone have any idea what that is? It looks like you could flip open the top and pack your lunch in that thing.

S5 tap'n

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe he keeps his "old man pills" in there. lol!

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Real cheesy, but with these two guys at the helm, it should be a pretty awesome event.
That watch the Woz was wearing was huge!
eTKYgn6.jpg
Doesn't look like any smartwatch I've ever seen. Anyone have any idea what that is? It looks like you could flip open the top and pack your lunch in that thing.

S5 tap'n

It's the Nixie Watch. It has a couple of vacuum tubes in it.

Nixie_Tube_wristwatch.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Ummm.....I don't even know how to respond to that. LOL!

S5 tap'n

I looked on their website. It was so bad that I cannot post a link here. It looks like a Web page from the old Netscape eras lol

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wow, you weren't kidding! Perhaps the Woz, (who typically loves all things high tech), was sending a message of some sort by wearing a watch like this in his video to promote this event? I can't help but think there's some sort of hidden message here.
That or "The Woz" is now "The Was"?

S5 tap'n

tedZilla99

Reaction score
just a nit to pick, but he is not a "former co-founder" -- he's always a co-founder, even if he's no longer with the company. :)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Wow, you weren't kidding! Perhaps the Woz, (who typically loves all things high tech), was sending a message of some sort by wearing a watch like this in his video to promote this event? I can't help but think there's some sort of hidden message here.
That or "The Woz" is now "The Was"?

S5 tap'n

I think what he's saying is.

I've got $495+ shipping to spend on a watch made with outdated hardware....