Sprint Opens up Pre-Orders for the LG G Flex

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
lg-g-flex.png

Sprint has opened up pre-orders for the LG G Flex two weeks ahead of it's planned launch on January 31, 2014. The first of it's kind with a six (6) inch curved screen, the G Flex is flexing (pun intended) it's muscle with some pretty beefy specs. Here's a quick look in case you've forgotten the goodies under the hood:

• 6-inch HD P-OLED display (1280x720)
  • 2.26 GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800)
  • 13-megapixel rear camera, 2.1-megapixel front
  • 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
  • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
The LG G Flex is unique in a couple of ways as well. First off, the smartphone is actually a little bendable. You can't bend it in half mind you, but the curved screen does have a bit of flex to it. Enough to give you a little peace of mind that when in your front or back pocket you don't have to worry if there is some flex (there's that word again) impacting the screen/smartphone. The G Flex is also one of the few phones capable of running on Sprint's Spark Tri-Band 4G LTE service. Spark is only available in a few select cities, but for those fortunate enough to be in one of those areas they will be able to enjoy the enhanced 4G LTE connectivity.

If your interested in pre-ordering head on over to Sprint and reserve yours today.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I see this as awesome..and as a lot of stupidity waiting to happen..."hold ma beer and watch this..." SNAP....AWWW...but it done said it would flex...:eek::p:cool:

So..I'll make it a point not to flex it..:blink: lmao

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Not even out yet and still 720p display. Most phones are looking to move to 2k displays so not sure why not at least 1080. (I'm prepared for "we dont need 2k display" comments!) :p

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Display resolution aside, the insane curved design for me, is the suckiest part to stare at!
I see NO reason to have such a rakish curve if it is to feel comfortable in both the hand and pocket.
A slight curve is acceptable, but this? Naaa, I'll pass.
I see this device being replaced after they snap a few times from excess pressure.

If I glue enough of them together, I can make a parabolic antenna!

sc00by71

Reaction score
Nice technology but a little too accentuated. The display on the galaxy nexus was curved slightly and a usable amount at that.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Nice technology but a little too accentuated. The display on the galaxy nexus was curved slightly and a usable amount at that.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I can accept a tiny amount of curvature, but not the amount the device has, that to me, is taking the design a little too far.
Since these people appear to love curves, let's design a phone based on a French curve then, shall we?
Or maybe a round device you can roll around to initiate a call, and to hang up, you drop it on the table.