Sprint app on a Verizon phone

Calis

Reaction score
I've been searching and cannot find an answer to this. Is there a way to make a Sprint specific app run on my Moto Droid? In particular this app for my online college courses. It would be very useful to me, but not nearly enough to cancel my contract and switch to Sprint and give up my awesome Droid. Thanks folks!

kd8fre

Reaction score
It appears from their website (Blackboard Mobile Learn) that it can be paid for if you are not on Sprint. My college does not use blackboard, so I could not tell you for sure if it works or not.

OP
C

Calis

Reaction score
It appears from their website that it can be paid for if you are not on Sprint.

Thanks for the reply. I went to their webpage and the only way I could find is to sign up with Sprint: "Available only on Sprint Android Phones" :( If it was a matter of buying it, I would gladly, I'm sure it wouldn't be that expensive, and I could get some good use out of it. Thanks again!

kd8fre

Reaction score
I would download it from the market, it is available I checked. And attempt to use it and see what happens, I am sure that if they want you to pay for it, it will say so in the app. I was able to download and install it on my Droid, but as I said, my school does not use BlackBoard, so I am unable to tell you for sure how it works.

OP
C

Calis

Reaction score
Oh, I should say that I already tried that. It comes up with a message that says something like "It appears you are not using a Sprint mobile device, click here for plans." I thought it may take me to a link that would let me pay for the app, but it only offers the chance to sign up with Sprint.