spell check

wendy5001

Reaction score
is there an app for spell check or predictive text when using the physical keyboard? when i was buying my phone i asked the rep, since i had a bb before and was used to it fixing my horrendous spelling, and he said yes. i can only find predicitive text on the virtual keyboard when turned sideways, is this the only time? thanks :motdroidhoriz:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I've wondered this since I bought the phone (day after release), still waiting for an app...

OP
wendy5001

wendy5001

Reaction score
thanks, it seems only the virtual ones are hooked up....grr! lol if anyone knows of an app I'd love to know

eshef

Reaction score
My virtual keyboard does predictive in the vertical, not just horizontal.

Reaction score
you can get the htc keyboard and it does predictive text, also go into the market and look at slide it lite, or shapewriter hope this helps

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Still for the soft keyboards though, we're looking for support for the physical too. :)

rjax

Reaction score
The HTC keyboard does allow spell check and predictive text on the physical keyboard, though it can be a little finicky.

rjax

Reaction score
Ah, that explains the finickyness.

Basically, once you get the HTC keyboard installed (see here: [MOD] HTC_IME (15th April) v24: Droid/Milestone/SE X10 landscape, FC on boot - xda-developers for the files/instructions and see here: [Skins] HTC_IME High Res v24 custom skin generator online! Updated April 26th! - xda-developers for files/skins -- even non-rooted users can skin the HTC keyboard), check the appropriate boxes in the HTC keyboard settings, then just make sure to first tap the text field you want to type in before using the physical keyboard, and you'll see spell check/predictive text show up on the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

ChessQueen

Reaction score
Please Anyone? How do you disable DroidX spellcheck. It puts in words that are not even ENGLISH!!! Removes correct words. Happens constantly. Re-edits wihout approval. I want to delete the whole edit program if I have to be subjected to the errors. Help???

eshef

Reaction score
Look for the AndroidUsersGuide (it's a pdf) and read what it has to say about the keyboard. I hated the predictive thing until I found out how to use it!

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
I'm new to the android os and I currentally have a DROID2
I'm not a fan of the word suggetion method that pops up at the bottom of the screen or the phone auto correcting my words. Is there a way to just type a complete document and go back and spellcheck before you send it?