Speakerphone Echo Issue Solved!!!

jnd121

Reaction score
I finally figured what was causing an echo to the person on the other end when I use speakerphone. It's my case!!! I have the hard plastic case with holster that they sell at Verizon Wireless (I am not sure who makes it). As soon as I take the back part of the case off of the phone, the caller no longer hears an echo when they speak. As soon as I put it back on they hear it again. I noticed that this case covers some of the speaker bar, would that cause the issue? Or is there some sort of microphone on the back that I am covering? I am stumped as to why the case would cause this issue. I really like the case and I am not sure if I can even return it anymore. I also would like to know who makes it so I can contact the manufacturer.

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the case that I am using.

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
There is no hole. Do you think that is what is causing the problem?

mikes

Reaction score
It well may be. I got a cheap eBay case, which fits well. I haven't used the speakerphone, but I did drill a small hole there. It apparently doesn't have to be very large - the factory hole is quite small, and the air path to the mic isn't straight.

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
I used my Dremel and cut a hole and now it works perfectly! Thanks for your help!!!!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used my Dremel and cut a hole and now it works perfectly! Thanks for your help!!!!

Interesting thread. I'd think that VZW might be interested in knowing that a case they're selling in their stores produces a speakerphone echo.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score