Speakerphone distortion after 2.26.60 update

virtualo

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? I just got the update a few days ago. Everything works fine except:

When I make a call then hit speakerphone call quality is ok. But when I hit speakerphone again to go back to normal mode is when I get extreme distortion to the point where I can't hear the other person.

Please let me know if there is anyone else out there with this problem and if anyone can suggest a fix.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

hk9090

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting the same problem after the 2.26.60 update. The distortion gets so bad that the phone ends up shutting down by itself. It happens every three calls placed or received. Only solution is to reboot the phone after every call.

Everything in my phone is original, I did a factory reset and it was no help. It worked perfectly fine before the update. I use a GSM/UTMS mode btw.

I am desperately looking on a way to roll back or undo this update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love my Droid Pro, but placing and receiving calls is still the most crucial basic function of the phone.

hk9090

Reaction score
Hello,

I rolled back to 2.26.20 using the SBF and everything is back to normal now. No more speakerphone distortion or phone reboots. I guess although the latest 2.26.60 update does improve call quality, it has a bug with the phone.

Note this only occurs while in SIM CARD / GSM mode. Haven't tested it on any CDMA networks.

So for now, no software updates...

gdmcdonald

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you share where you got the SBF for the Droid Pro and how to install it

Thanks