Speaker issue

dliontis28

Reaction score
So here is the deal. About a month ago my speaker stopped working on my gnex. I searched all over Google and found a headphone jack issue so I tried it but realized that was not the issue. I have flashed a few ROMs in between and haven't had any luck (thought maybe a ROM was causing the problem but no). Last night I loaded up a game on the phone and BAM, sound again (phone ringer and notifications). I was so excited. This morning I used ROM toolbox to batch install 3 apps and data (Apex, Apex unlocker and autorap), and then to my disappointment, no more sound. I uninstalled the 3 apps and rebooted the phone but no use. Now that I have given a round about idea of the issue, my question is "does anyone know or think this may be a software issue and can I go into root explorer and do something?" I have geek squad warranty but my laptop is broke and I can't unroot the phone to bring back to get fixed yet. Just thought I would ask before I fully give up and just deal until I can warranty it out.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So here is the deal. About a month ago my speaker stopped working on my gnex. I searched all over Google and found a headphone jack issue so I tried it but realized that was not the issue. I have flashed a few ROMs in between and haven't had any luck (thought maybe a ROM was causing the problem but no). Last night I loaded up a game on the phone and BAM, sound again (phone ringer and notifications). I was so excited. This morning I used ROM toolbox to batch install 3 apps and data (Apex, Apex unlocker and autorap), and then to my disappointment, no more sound. I uninstalled the 3 apps and rebooted the phone but no use. Now that I have given a round about idea of the issue, my question is "does anyone know or think this may be a software issue and can I go into root explorer and do something?" I have geek squad warranty but my laptop is broke and I can't unroot the phone to bring back to get fixed yet. Just thought I would ask before I fully give up and just deal until I can warranty it out.

I would still think this is a hardware issue. If flashing different ROMs, while wiping between installs, doesn't cure your problems. Then chances are it is hardware. There wouldn't be anything you could do with root explorer, that would be any different than installing a new ROM. Of course I could be wrong.

That said, you can get back to locked and stock doing something like [VZW/SPRINT/GSM][Guide] Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Guide (Unlock/Root/Flash Roms/FAQ) - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki - Page 5 <-- that without the need of a PC at all. When you get your replacement you will be stuck unrooted, as there is no way to unlock without using a PC. But you will have sound.

OP
dliontis28

dliontis28

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give a try and warranty the phone. Sucks when ya wanna show off the phone and show somebody something and , oh wait no sound. Lol sucks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus