Spazoid Droid

dawgdayz

Reaction score
First of all I would like to saay that I love the droid. Now here is my issue. My wifes Droid is on crack ... lol... it does what it wants to when it wants to. It will call people, text people, and go to apps with out anyone touching the phone. There are times (more then less) that she cant get the phone to answer incoming calls and there are times that while on the phone it will start trying to call a second number while in call. She had this problem before and we took it in and they sent her a new phone. Now less then a week latter it is happening again. Is this a common issue? Please help!!!

toddj

Reaction score
I have never heard of that before, but I can't say for certain that it isn't a common issue. If you've received 2 that have done this crazy thing, I would have to guess an app is acting up. Uninstall your apps and see if it clears it up. if so, then you know WHAT the problem is. from there you can start reinstalling apps one by one for a while until the phone starts acting crazy again. That way you can determine the exact cause of the problem

Droids

Reaction score
Does it do it only when charging, with a non-oem charger? That's been known to happen. Otherwise, I would agree it's a bad app, and you may want to do a factory reset, since Verizon will make you reset it anyway before returning it.

J

Johnly

do you live in a hot humid place? sweaty palms? Maybe rock that hardware keyboard?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well mine recently started to freak out. It is sometimes hard to unlock and once it unlocks, it clicks things on its own, slides the homescreen back and forth, etc. I think it is just randomly tapping. Once it managed to get the menu up, click add, click widget, choose the calendar, and then open the calendar widget. :icon_eek:

Unfortunately, I had dropped mine once so they automatically said that I needed to call insurance on it. If it didn't have any visible damage, they would have replaced it for free. Grr.

So my new one should arrive tomorrow, I can't use my current one because if I go to Phone, it just starts tapping random people. If I go to Messages, it will start pressing random letters, etc.

So take it back to Verizon.

toddj

Reaction score
Ghost droid :huh:
Perhaps it is a bad screen from the result of dropping or just being mishandled in shipping or something?

salinaslaughter

Reaction score
I don't think it's an app!! I just got my brand spankin new Droid on Wednesday and it's been fine until today. It started with texting. I use the touch screen text and it started being overly sensitive. Adding a bazillion aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's or pressing the s p a c e b a r over and over. I took the battery out for a few seconds and put it back in but that didn't help. Now, over a short time, of like 20 minutes, it's gotten worse doing things like opening the main menu by its self, switching screens over and over.... just really random things and I don't know what to do!! I don't want to do a reset. It took me forever to get my contacts added! Should I buy one of the anti virus apps?

bad4u

Reaction score
Pics or it didnt happen! :icon_eek:

Ha jk

arnhed2

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my droid. A friend had me download LauncherPro from the market and it made the phone a lot smoother. Also has several other great features

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
This screen issue is becoming more common. It seems like its an issue with the touch sensor messing up. My friend and I had to warranty replace because of it. Also not try to sound mean but maybe search before posting a new topic. This issue has been brought up already.