Spam

TCav301

Reaction score
I have several e-mail accounts that I use regularly, each for different purposes. I rarely got any spam on any of them.

I got a Motorola DROID RAZR Smartphone from Verizon back in November, but never set it up to use any of my e-mail addresses. Two weeks ago, I finally set it up to receive, but not send, messages on one of my e-mail accounts. Within a couple of days of doing so, I started getting spam messages at the rate of 2 to 3 per hour on that account.

Is there a privacy setting I should have set so that Google wouldn't sell my e-mail address to spammers?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I wish I only got that many. ;) SPAM is just one of the things many of us have to deal with. I haven't found any Android mail client that can do much if anything about it. It isn't likely to get any better either.

OP
T

TCav301

Reaction score
It only happened AFTER I set up my Android phone to receive messages from that account. I've got 9 more accounts I haven't configured yet. Are you saying this is the cost of having an Android device?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It only happened AFTER I set up my Android phone to receive messages from that account. I've got 9 more accounts I haven't configured yet. Are you saying this is the cost of having an Android device?

It may be. Most desktop mail clients have some SPAM filtering or controls that I have yet to find in any Android mail client.