Spam in notifaction bar

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
For the last week or so im getting a yellow star in my notification bar telling me to download a new market....i read the terms and this would subscribe me to a 9.99 monthly charge...whats worse is the last time this happened,the spam removed my data widget from my homescreen and replaced it with this markets widget! Im not happy about this,I have all 3 rd party apps blocked thru Verizon already,so im not sure how im getting this,anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it,and if this is some type of virus or tracker?

debrad0307

Reaction score
I was getting the SAME thing. I tracked the problem down to an mp3 downloader I had on my phone. After I uninstalled it no more spam. Might wanna check your apps.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
R

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Thank you ...I use and ran lookout security ...it is saying that there is no mal ware or threats with any of the apps I have...i will freeze my downloader app and see if it stops it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I had that too. But it stopped. I must have uninstalled whatever was causing it lol.

OP
R

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I just read the comments on the downloader I was using and there were several stating the app pushed ads and spam to the notification bar...I froze it for now...if I need it ill defrost it and refreeze it after.

Gleason81

Reaction score
I was getting the SAME thing. I tracked the problem down to an mp3 downloader I had on my phone. After I uninstalled it no more spam. Might wanna check your apps.

Sent from my DROIDX

mp3 downloader does that for me too.

dsprik

Reaction score
Download AirPush Detector from the market. It tells you which app is responsible for the star/spam in the notification bar. You can then uninstall that program.

Zandar

Reaction score
Lookout is virtually worthless; just sayin'.

Sliced from my RAZR

OP
R

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Thank you ...I uninstalled lookout. It was just wasting ram...