sound profiles?

bgphotoo

Reaction score
I just came from a blackberry storm. One of the things I liked about it was the profiles. I could click one button and change all my sounds and volume levels. I had different profiles for work, weekend, vibrate, and sleep. Does anyone know of an app to do that on the droid?

BigTex71

Reaction score
Locale. It is a cool app that can set profiles automatically at certain times, certain locations (GPS), specified dates, etc.

sethmo

Reaction score
I use 'ear' to set profiles. it works pretty well and you can create new profiles if the default normal, loud, meeting, and vibrate presets arent enough.

Stigy

Reaction score
Locale. It is a cool app that can set profiles automatically at certain times, certain locations (GPS), specified dates, etc.

I use Locale as well to setup profiles. It would be cool if someone made a sound plugin for Locale. Some apps have plugins that can be activated via Locale when a certain condition is met.

Seems like the ultimate would be a sound profile creator that allowed you to control every volume (media, ringer, notification, vibrate) and the profile could then be activated via a Locale plugin based on your set condition.

OP
B

bgphotoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's I'll give those two apps a try!

shauntih

Reaction score
What I'm interested in doing is changing notifications from specific sources. I have found where I can change the notification sound based on application, but I need to be able to keep some turned on and some turned off in a profile (yes, I came from a Blackberry). For instance, I have an on-call rotation. I'd like to be able to receive text notifications (this is how they page me), but no mail notifications and no phone ringer at night when I'm on-call. I have tried Quick Profile, but I don't see how to have one type of notification on and another off with that app. Any help is appreciated!

droidfreak

Reaction score
l'd like to know how to set the Droid to make a different sound when text messages are coming from certain people, not all the same saound. If I get a text from a family member I want to know it without taking my phone out to look. Is this possible?:icon_eek: