Sound Problems with Ringer and Alarm

rickreno

Reaction score
I'd never used that "smart profile" mode, but I tried that "fix" anyway a few times. Didn't work for me.

slyspyder

Reaction score
Darn! I hoped it would work as well for you as it did for me :( I was so frustrated when it wouldn't ring even when I had it turned up all the way.

OP
G

groovejedi

Reaction score
The airplane mode fix did not work for me.

slyspider - I will try the method you mentioned tonight and report back my findings. Hopefully it works, thanks so much for posting a possible solution!

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
This issue is still on my Droid X and has actually become worse since installing Launcher Pro. I cannot hear the phone ring at all when someone calls and my alarm clock volume is so low that it doesn't wake me up in the morning.

This issue is complete BS. Is there anyone that can help me fix this?

I had the same issue this past week. You may have
to take it back to Verizon & get a new one - that
is what i did.

OP
G

groovejedi

Reaction score
slyspyder - IT WORKED! I can't believe it! Thank you so much! This is awesome :)

snyderdm2005

Reaction score
Settings

At least for the Droid 3, if you go into settings and sound and then volume you will see there are 3 different volume settings
ringtone
media
alarm
make sure all of those are turned up to their max.

KAndress

Reaction score
Anyone have any update on this issue? I'm going on a month now with no ringer and 2 alarm clocks that barely make any sound and usually don't wake me up. I really do NOT want to do a factory reset as I've taken a decent amount of time installing all of my apps and getting Launcher Pro to give my phone the look and feel that I want (in addition to using Beautiful Widgets, Folder Organizer, Pure Calendar, etc).

PLEASE, can anyone help with this issue?

I have a droid x2 and just noticed this problem. Every so often I'll wake up late for work because my alarm has no sound. I check the settings and everything is normal. I turn my phone off and back on and then the volume starts to work again. But, I never know when it's going to go out again. Buying a back up alarm clock until they fix this.

snyderdm2005

Reaction score
I have a droid x2 and just noticed this problem. Every so often I'll wake up late for work because my alarm has no sound. I check the settings and everything is normal. I turn my phone off and back on and then the volume starts to work again. But, I never know when it's going to go out again. Buying a back up alarm clock until they fix this.

On 8/30 I commented that you should (at least for the Droid 3) go into settings and sound and then volume you will see there are 3 different volume settings
ringtone
media
alarm
You will need to do this anytime you use an app and turn down the media volume for that application.

KAndress

Reaction score
On 8/30 I commented that you should (at least for the Droid 3) go into settings and sound and then volume you will see there are 3 different volume settings
ringtone
media
alarm

You will need to do this anytime you use an app and turn down the media volume for that application.

I do check this everytime I notice it. I drag the volumes up and down and no test sound comes out like it usually does. This isn't the problem.