droid x ringer length

yoitsmia

Reaction score
okay so i've had my phone since november 2010 and i still can't figure out how to make my ringer tone go off when it's suppose to when people are calling. at first i thought that it was my ring tone that was short but that wasn't it. so i tried calling my phone and realized that after 3 rings from the phone i'm using to call my phone, my phone finally starts ringing and vibrating. the thing is that my ring tone only goes on for as long as 5-10 seconds and then it forwards callers to my voice mail. so i'm wondering how to make it so i can hear my phone ringing right away not after 3 rings and then it goes off for 5-10 second.

i also have a question regarding text message notifier ring tones. how do i use mp3 music for the notifier instead of the ones that comes with the phone?

qman66

Reaction score
i dont think u can make it ring quicker. i think that depends on the network and how good ur signal is. as for text message mp3s i do it what many think is the advanced way though its quite simple if u are rooted. just make an ogg file or mp3 and put it in system/media/audio/notifications and then reboot. dont know about a simpler non-rooted way

xliderider

Reaction score
If you root your device, you can actually change the call ring delay in the build.prop file. There are several ways to do it. Some developers have already made build.prop edits that you can apply to your device. Jrrummy's overclock app has the call ring delay as a user selectable edit.

[email protected]

Reaction score
If that doesn't work you can contact Verizon and have them extend the number of rings before it sends to Voicemail. I did that years ago because of this same issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App