Sort the Music folder by album name, not artist name

quentin-

Reaction score
In the Music folder on the sd card, the subfolders are by artist name. I want all the subfolders to be by album name. The reason for this is because when I'm using album artwork apps to set artwork to my many songs, I don't want to see duplicates. I have alot of compilation albums on my droid x, so sorting songs by artist names will multiply the work I need to do. Does anyone know how I can make my music folder sort by album name? Please excuse me if this is unclear.

And I don't suppose anyone knows of any good apps that can sexually embed a .jpg into the music files so I will never have to set artwork to my songs ever again. Itunes does this so beautifully, the way it syncs songs and artwork to an ipod or iphone. When I try to sync my itunes library to my x via double twist, 95% of my converts did NOT transfer. Very frustrating

Last edited:

OSX2000

Reaction score
And I don't suppose anyone knows of any good apps that can sexually embed a .jpg into the music files so I will never have to set artwork to my songs ever again.
:rofl3:
I know exactly what you're saying, and that was a hilarious way of saying it. Well put, sir!

I use iTunes to handle all my album art too; I've yet to find an app that does it better. I tried DoubleTwist for transferring, but found it too cumbersome for regular use, so I do it the manual way. I made a playlist in iTunes titled "Droid Mix", so once I gave all the songs album art, I selected all songs in that list, and dragged them directly to the SDcard's Music folder. I keep that playlist organized by date added, so as new songs get put in, they stick to the top of the list, and it's easier to identify what's already on the Droid, and what needs to be sent over. That way you can transfer just the new songs, rather than copying the entire list over again.

I dunno about reorganizing the folder structure...my Music folder has no subfolders. The Droid's Music player automatically displays my music in hierarchical Artist/Album view, using the ID3 tag info.

OP
Q

quentin-

Reaction score
And I don't suppose anyone knows of any good apps that can sexually embed a .jpg into the music files so I will never have to set artwork to my songs ever again.
:rofl3:
I know exactly what you're saying, and that was a hilarious way of saying it. Well put, sir!

I use iTunes to handle all my album art too; I've yet to find an app that does it better. I tried DoubleTwist for transferring, but found it too cumbersome for regular use, so I do it the manual way. I made a playlist in iTunes titled "Droid Mix", so once I gave all the songs album art, I selected all songs in that list, and dragged them directly to the SDcard's Music folder. I keep that playlist organized by date added, so as new songs get put in, they stick to the top of the list, and it's easier to identify what's already on the Droid, and what needs to be sent over. That way you can transfer just the new songs, rather than copying the entire list over again.

I dunno about reorganizing the folder structure...my Music folder has no subfolders. The Droid's Music player automatically displays my music in hierarchical Artist/Album view, using the ID3 tag info.
Haha, I didn't mean to type that! Swype is playing games on me.

Unfortunately for me, my artwork does not transfer from itunes no matter what I do. So this forces me to go through each and every album from each artist and add the art manually. God help me if it's a compilation album...I will end up adding cover art to each and every song on that album!