Sony's New Google TV Internet Player Launches Globally July 22nd

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;YEY8rEQb8XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEY8rEQb8XQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Although it is rumored that Sony is shying away from integrating Google TV into their future TV's, they are still actively supporting Google TV. In fact, a new release, scheduled for July 22nd of this year proves that. According to the latest report, Sony plans to launch their new Google TV enabled Internet Player on July 22nd. The new device, called the NSZ-GS7 Internet Player, will retail for $199 om launch day, and will launch in the U.S. and the UK at first. The, after its first release, Sony and Google will bring the device to Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, and Mexico. The device will be available some time in August in Canada.

You can see a preview video above, and below is Sony's full press release: Sony's New Google TV Internet Player Launches Globally July 22nd; First UK GTV Device

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'd rather have this functionality in a box rather then a TV.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its good to see they are sticking with Gtv. I will pass on the Sony but got my eye on the new Vizio box.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will likely be purchasing something similar to this toward end of year. i would love to buy google TV but that is out of budget .. :(

Briankbl

Reaction score
Still sticking with Vizio's Co-star. Same damn thing for half the price, with functioning Onlive player.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Liquid Linaro 1.5, 4,000+ Quadrant Scores!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Sooooo close. I'll be honest, if they put a blu ray player in the gTV box, I'd get one. I agree with tjk629 too. I would prefer the box over having it build into my tv. I can travel with the box if I want to and if the TV dies or gets broken, all my stuff is still right there. The price too is a bit much. I have a PS3 and 360 and I can do a lot of this stuff already. Its really the only reason both consoles are still hooked up. I've lost interest in the games.