Sony Xperia Z4 Specs, Price, & Release Date Rumors

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-xperia-z4-leaked-james-bond.jpg

Even though Sony is struggling and considering selling off or partnering up with someone else on their mobile phone division, that doesn't mean all the months of hard work on their latest flagship will get dumped. We thought it would be worthwhile to share all of the intel we have gathered so far on the Sony Xperia Z4 for folks out their who are fans of Sony's smartphones.

Here's a compilation of the rumors we have heard so far about the Sony Xperia Z4:
  • Reduced bezels on top, bottom & sides
  • White, black, blue and silver
  • Thinner and lighter with metal power and volume buttons on a sculpted metal frame
  • 5.2-inch, or 5.4-inch or 5.5-inch sized display rumors - either way with Gorilla Glass 4
  • There may be two varieties with different displays - TrueHD (423ppi) and Quad HD (565ppi)
  • Maybe the 32-bit Snapdragon 805 processor or the 64-bit Snapdragon 810 SoC (or maybe one of each, if the multiple variants turns out true
  • 3GB RAM for the TrueHD Display and 4GB for the QHD Display version
  • 4K Video
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sony's UI Enhancements, including the usual Sony stuff like Playstation interactivity, etc.
  • 20.7-megapixel Exmor RS IMX230 is a 1/2.4" rear camera, with image plane phase detection autofocus and 192 AF points
  • 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB of built-in storage options
  • LTE, fast Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
  • 3400mAh Battery
  • Qi wireless charging support
  • Water and dust resistant
On top of these, we suspect the Xperia Z4 will be revealed at Mobile World Congress in March and will launch to retail in April or May, with a price between $600-$800 USD unlocked.

The final bit of intel we can provide is that the phone will likely have a tie-in to the new James Bond movie coming out this year, "Spectre." The above image supposedly came from some of the leaked Sony hack info.

Here's our dedicated Sony Xperia Z4 section: Sony Xperia Z4 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Xpid3r

Reaction score
A Solid Compitition Between Htc,Samsung and Sony...
Hard to decide which one to buy..

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose it does depend a bit on your carrier. For example, Verizon doesn't have the greatest track record of getting Sony devices on their network.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sony makes some bad arse phones and the Z4 surely follows that trend.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wow. This phone sounds impressive. Quad HD is going to kill their impressive battery track record.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was at a toss up between the z3 and turbo.. I opted for the turbo.. I still lust after the z3...I think I'll probably pick up the z4..

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hopefully VZW will release the true Z4 and not a variant designed specifically for them...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I bet that's made it a pain to get screen protectors and good cases...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd love to get my hands on one.. Maybe go this route instead of M9.. Tough choices

Tap'd by Big 6