Sony Xperia Z3's Full Specs Revealed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-logo-closeup.jpg

The Sony Xperia Z3 just passed through the Chinese TENAA, which is their version of the FCC. Its full specs were revealed in the filing. Here's the breakdown,
  • 5.2-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) display
  • 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) with Adreno 330 GPU
  • 20.7 MP rear camera
  • 2.2 MP front-facing camera
  • 146.5 x 72.5 x 7.35 mm (almost 1mm thinner than its predecessor the Xperia Z2)
Along with the specs, we now also know that there will be two versions of the device (at least in China). There is the L55t which includes TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE connectivity, while the L55u has WCDMA and TD-LTE connectivity.

Source: TalkAndroid

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm still wondering if vzw will pick up the xperia line(phones)..

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I'm still wondering if vzw will pick up the xperia line(phones)..

I'd love to see that happen, as I could see myself picking one up! I'm not holding my breath though...

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I still want Sony to release a flagship phone like this but with a built-in slide-out physical keyboard. I don't need a phone to be so razor thin that I can slice deli meat with it. I wouldn't mind a little extra bulk and heft if it was due to a physical keyboard. I'm currently using a Droid 4 and love the keyboard on it but will eventually need to upgrade.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'd love to see that happen, as I could see myself picking one up! I'm not holding my breath though...
It was rumored that they were pushing a vzw lte model through.. But it could've just been a rumor..

D

Divergent

Hmmm that camera is beastly! And also the 2,5 Ghz Quadcore is not something to look over.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I still want Sony to release a flagship phone like this but with a built-in slide-out physical keyboard. I don't need a phone to be so razor thin that I can slice deli meat with it. I wouldn't mind a little extra bulk and heft if it was due to a physical keyboard. I'm currently using a Droid 4 and love the keyboard on it but will eventually need to upgrade.
Don't hold your breath. Physical keyboard phones went the way of dinosaurs past year. Right now your only option is blackberry.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. Physical keyboard phones went the way of dinosaurs past year. Right now your only option is blackberry.

I think there are still cases you can get that have keyboards that connect via BT.

But now that speech recognition is getting so good, nothing beats just speaking what you want to write.