Sony Xperia Z Tablet Official; Very thin, Full HD Display, Water & Dust-Resist & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
xperia-tablet-z-unveiled.jpg

We were receiving hints of the Sony Xperia Z 10.1-inch Android tablet just last week, but now Sony has officially unveiled it. Their new flagship tablet boasts an impressive array of features including being ultra-thin. Here's a breakdown:
  • Android 4.1
  • Qualcomm 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor
  • 2GB RAM
  • 32GB storage
  • 10.1-inch 1,920 x 1,200 screen (with Mobile Bravia Engine 2)
  • 8.1-megapixel Exmor R camera
  • NFC
  • LTE (MDM9215M radio)
  • A microSD expansion
  • Sony's "S-Force" virtual surround sound technology
  • 6.9mm-thin
  • 495g
  • Water & Dust-Resistant
  • 6,000mAh battery
Sadly, Sony did not unveil price or availability details yet. Of course, we will keep you informed. In the mean-time, share your thoughts on this new Android tablet entry from the Japanese tech-giant.

Source: Engadget

52brandon

Reaction score
sounds pretty feature-filled. I look forward to see this thing hit the market

GotnFX

Reaction score
OK I am very interested in this..but it depends on price.. Is the 6000 mAh battery the biggest seen in a tablet?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I just want the z phone to see verizon, if it doesnt, sony isnt trying hard enough! Bring me my Z phone!!! :censored::censored::work3::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::lifting:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::huh:

52brandon

Reaction score
The nexus 10 has a 9000mah i believe. 6000mah for a 10 inch....pretty small.
keep in mind though that the Xperia Z phone has that STAMINA setting that improves standby time by 4x too... so I expect it to be pretty competitive with the smaller battery. Plus the smaller batt allows it to be as thin as it is

combatmedic870

Reaction score
keep in mind though that the Xperia Z phone has that STAMINA setting that improves standby time by 4x too... so I expect it to be pretty competitive with the smaller battery. Plus the smaller batt allows it to be as thin as it is

Only when your not using it. so instead of loosing 1% every 2-4 hours or what not, you loose 1% every 8-16 hours. Not to big of a deal IMO, with in that time I would have plugged it in already.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Qualcomm 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor....qualcomm is making some serious dough. this is being used in EVERYTHING. Its not anything special to see the S4 pro in anything anymore....they need to come out with a S4 elite or something.