Sony Xperia Z Planned to Get Bumped to Android 4.2 'Shortly After Launch'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-xperia-z-glass-stand.jpg

Even though the new Sony's new flagship, the Xperia Z, that recently made waves at CES, will come out of the box with Android 4.1/Jelly Bean, it seems that Sony has already worked out the kinks to bring Android 4.2 to the device. According to their latest statement, Sony plans to release Android 4.2 for the device shortly after launch. Here's a quote from them,

"Xperia Z launches on JB 4.1, but will receive 4.2 shortly after launch. As always, we’ll share more info on this over the coming weeks on the blog."

Although "shortly after launch" is still a little vague, it's still appreciated to see that Sony is planning to launch it ASAP. As has been the new standard from the company over the last year, they are continuing to prove they intend to support the Android ecosystem and developers with regular and fast updates.

Source: AndroidCentral

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
We'll see if this comes to Verizon just how fast this update will actually be released. The specs of the phone are very nice. I wish they'd have included an IR emitter (it would be SOOOO easy for them to), to allow it to act as the remote control for all my home devices. I am impressed with the look of the phone. I just want to feel it in my hands to see if it is as pleasing to the touch!