Sony Xperia Z Confirmed for US Carrier; Probably T-Mobile (Maybe AT&T Too)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sony-Xperia-Z-T-Mobile.jpg

Sony's Xperia Z flagship has been on sale in the U.S. for $629.99 for a few weeks already, but so far, it hasn't come to any of the U.S. carriers to be offered subsidized. That may change soon. According to Sony CEO Kaz Hirai at the D11 conference, a major U.S. carrier will be bringing it to market soon. He didn't give details on which carrier, but most of the industry speculation is suggesting it will be T-Mobile first. There is also a good chance it will come to AT&T too. We have been hearing rumors that AT&T will be getting the Xperial ZL, so it's not too far fetched they would get its bigger brother too. Here's a refresher on specs,
  • 5 inch Full HD display
  • LTE connectivity
  • NFC
  • 13MP rear camera
  • Quad-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 2,330 mAh battery
  • Water and dust resistant
Are any of you guys interested in Sony's active life-style flagship Android?

Source: UnWiredView

Lucas5

Reaction score
Those Sony Xperia phones look sexy. I'll give them that and I'd strongly consider getting this one if I hadn't already picked up a Galaxy S4.

azules9780

Reaction score
Before now? Maybe. But by the time they actually get here, they'll be outdated and not on my chosen service provider so probably not.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
A little too late imo. If it had came out before the HTC One and Galaxy S4 it may have had a chance here in the US.

raheelbs

Reaction score
The cellphone looks great...!!!! Sony has some of the best android phones..!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or has T-Mobile and AT&T been getting the better phones lately, looks like it is more feasible for manufacturers to manufacture GSM phones, since they are more common around the world, once you leave the US your CDMA phone becomes obsolete, yes CDMA is more secure, but GSM is being used in 80% of the globe. Plus Verizon with their crappy updates "latest S3 disaster" and manufacturer choke holds does not help.